Creating A Preset

Barb Eugene

Good Morning!

I'm new to Elements and am trying to learn Elements 11 and have a question about creating a preset new blank file. I scrap the photos I take in a specific layout file size so I can publish them in a Blurb photobook. I've been creating annual photobooks for some time now.

In Paint Shop Pro, which I still love, I can create a preset for the new file that's sized for Blurb landscape-oriented books. Can I do that in Elements also? I frustrated with having to specify the size every time I start a new layout.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Barbara

You might try a work-around like this: create a blank document in the size you want. Save it. Now whenever you want to start a layout, open it. Then right away save it as something different.

I found a tutorial on CD Calendar on the blog. it mentioned presets so I tried it.

When you create a NEW document in PSE 10, there is a preset listed above where you type your size in. If you open that, whatever you named your document will be listed at the bottom. If I understand it correctly, you can set a preset size. CD Calendar Tutorial

Archived