Questions From A Newbie

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lynn Smith

Lynn Smith
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:50 AM

Before I post any layouts, I would like some help from you seasoned vetrans of the board. In the layouts that I post, am I required to use digi files, backgrounds, elements, etc., from scrap girls. Also, when I download a freebie from anyone's site, is it a problem to use these files to post to any board. I want to be sure I follow all the rules before I go any further. Thanks so much for your help. I've really enjoyed looking at the layouts on the board - some very talented people here.

#2 MovieStar

MovieStar

I am a PSP Addict!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:03 AM

Hi Lynn-

You can use products from other places, just be sure to give proper credit. List the product and the name of the designer. You can post layouts with ScrapGirls products other places as well. Just follow the same guidelines about giving credit. The designers work so hard and put so much time and effort into their work; we always want to make sure that they get the credit and kudos they deserve. Of course we want you to use ScrapGirls products because we have the best designers around!! But we all find things elsewhere that we like too.

Here is a link to a thread about posting layouts. You will find more helpful information there as well. Looking forward to seeing your pages!!

Elizabeth

#3 Tigerbaby1981

Tigerbaby1981

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • Personal Statement:foreverhealthyaloe@hotmail.com

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:52 PM

Just wondering how everyone keeps up with all the designers stuff on their pages to give credit when posting? Is there an easy way or just look for it in your computer files?

thanks
~*Jennifer*~

Posted Image Posted Image

Parker (May 30th 2006) and Abbygale (Sept 25 2007)

#4 MovieStar

MovieStar

I am a PSP Addict!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:24 PM

ScrapGirls products are pretty easy. The initial of the designer's first name and the first two initials of their last name are in the title of the file. Example:
ASO_Bejewled_12x12...

You get the point. Amanda Sok Bejewled paper.

I always un zip mine into a file with the designers name and kit name.

HTH

Here is some great info from RO about this as well.

It is possible to file your digital scrapbooking graphic files, find what you need, AND know who created the graphics.

#5 Ashley

Ashley

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for those links!

~Ashley~

My Gallery
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic