Need Some Help

daisies803

I don't know what is going on, but I have several collections in which I can't open the individual files, such as a paper, or embellishment. The icons will only have the Fireworks symbol. I get an error message whether I open it in PSE 10, or if I just try to preview the image (opening the folder, right clicking on the image & clicking preview). The error message says "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission."

One of the collections I've used in the past, but have no access now. One collection gives me access to all the embellishments, but the papers give me an error. I'm only running across this on 3 designers and it seems to be affecting all the collections I have from those individuals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Wow! Teresa, I'm completely at a loss. Hopefully, someone will come along with some ideas. The only things I can suggest if they don't is to e-mail Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com. All else fails, she can get you links to download previous purchases. Good Luck!

Not sure if this is it, but a file can become corrupt. I had one do that just recently. Thank God I have all my stuff backed up, so I just went to my backups and moved over a new copy and the file was fine. Hopefully someone else comes along if that doesn't help you.

I had that error message when my old EHD started to fail. My computer knew the files were there but couldn't open them because that part of the EHD was corrupted. I don't know why I got a message saying I didn't have permission to access the files, is a bit odd, that's Windows for you!

This may not be your problem, but if no one else can suggest anything you might want to check your hard drive or EHD for errors.

And Monica is right, if all else fails contact Angie, she'll be able to help you.

Archived