Laptop Display Broken

KFiasco

You should be able to replace it yourself. I've been looking into this myself, since I knocked my netbook off my bed and the screen broke. After googling replacement laptop screens, and watching the videos provided on the sites (you can probably find some videos on youtube too), I've come to the conclusion I can do it myself. I can't recommend a store though, since I haven't yet forked out the dough to purchase the screen. Not sure about your screen, my my netbook screen should cost less than $100 to replace.

The other short-term fix, for a laptop that doesn't need to travel, is to hook up a secondary monitor. There are usually keyboard commands to switch to the other display. I've done this when the backlight failed, and it worked well. (Note, I also use an attached keyboard, for comfort.) In the short-term, if everything else is functional, this will keep you up and running.

I purchased a screen for my MAC laptop, but I had a professional install it - I could have done it myself since that professional did not hook up my camera. I can't use it at all for Skype etc. It will cost me again to have it fixed. I think I paid like$100 or less for the screen online. I replaced my iPad screen - and it works perfectly - although I will not recommend that as it's so easy to destroy some parts if you are not careful.

Archived