Hi From New Jersey

staroffaith

I

Im Diane I am a mother of four adult children twin girls and a daughter and son. I want to make my kids each a scrapbook growing up but I dont know the first thing about scrapbooking, what is a good easy scrapbook program and photo editing program

Hi, Diane! Welcome to Scrap Girls. Here is a thread that might help you decide on a program. Most of use use some version of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, but there are a few that use other programs. HTH

Hi and welcome to this wonderful purple place!! Stick around and you will have all the help you need learning whatever you need to know. I use PSE and Creative Memories Storybook software for my digi scrapping. PSE does alot more intricate things that CM can not, but for putting whole books together, I wouldn't be without it. You can whip a book out ALOT faster with my Storybook. When I have a need that it can't do, I just pop over to PSE and do what I need and import it into my Storybook. Here's a link to show you one of my books I created with Storybook so you can see what's possible. My sisters wedding album

I use GIMP, which is free, but maybe not the best for a total beginner. I used a different one when I started (not to mention any names, it was from a different site), but got bored pretty quickly. Of course, even with the more complicated packages, you can buy one of the templates or easy pages which are pretty simple - just add photo, move to hole in page and save.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! I can't wait to see what you create! Please ask questions!! If you are interested in trying out Photoshop Elements or Photoshop, the Adobe site has free 30 day trials of the software!

welcome to Scrap Girls.

As others have said, most of us use photoshop or PSE, they are the most versatile, but take some learning. There are other programs out there, it all depends on how much control you want.

Hi Diane :waving-hi:

Welcome to Scrap Girls! The others have given you some great advice. Please don't hesitate to ask questions - we have lots of very friendly people here who love to help. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums and getting to know you. :)

I think you can use it for 30 days then if you want to keep it, you pay. They probably ask you for information to try it. I never had any luck with the trials, but I have used Photoshop Elements 6, (don't get that), then Photoshop Elements 9, 10, and now have 11. I like them because it is easier to find help and they do just about everything. Photoshop (the big program) is too expensive for me, but someday maybe. I usually get mine on sale at Costco, but other places is Amazon online, to find it cheaper.

Welcome!

Hi Diane. Happy to meet you. I have Photo Shop Elements and love it although I'm not very advanced. I'd definitely buy Ro's Secrets as April suggested. It takes you through step by step. Any extra information you need just ask, as someone is always available to help. Take your time and have fun. Kay

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Scrap Girls. We have so much fun. My husband bought PhotoShop for me as a Mother's Day gift several years ago and it changed my life. You might want to start with PS Elements, but I have loved all that the full version of Photoshop can do. I am still learning and having fun.

Archived