Blending Or Masking

Dollykatz

I have seen layouts with large pictures in the layout kind of blended in. I want to learn how to do this. I have photoshop elements. Not sure if it is called Blending or Masking. Don't know the difference. Just starting digital scrapbooking. Any place I can go for instructions.

Thank you.

Dollykats

There are two ways that I use.

1. Create my own clipping mask with a brush.

2. Use a Scrap Simple paper, this is the easiest. Put the Scrap Simple paper on your layout, then put your photo on top and "clip" it to the SS Paper (ctrl + G I think in PSE).

There are a few SS papers that you can use, here are a couple.

AFT_SSPaper_AbsoBlended_MKTG_150.jpgScrapSimple Paper Templates: Absolutely Blended

SNU_SSPaper_Blendability2_MKTG150.jpgScrapSimple Paper Templates: Blendability 2

SNU_SSEmb_BlendabilityMasks_MKTG150.jpgScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Blendability

This is just a few, there are more.

Something else you can try is to select around the area you like best (I use the lasso tool) and feather the selection, then invert the selection and delete the area outside your selection. You can also play with the opacity to make it look very light. A paper with a strong texture can look good behind the photo, too.

Good luck; don't be afraid to ask questions. There are people here who use your software frequently and can give you more detailed instructions. Looking forward to seeing your layouts.

Archived