Sg: Project Life 2013

tinkerbell11

SG: Project Life

SG Project Life is a year-long scrapping challenge. The goal is to stay current scrapping the year.

There is not a set form, you can take daily photos, scrap weekly layouts, monthly layouts or whatever works for you.

SG Project Life is similar to a Project 52 or 365 which are year long challenges of creating 52 weekly layouts (one for each week of the year) or taking 365 photos (a photo a day) and documenting them. We don't want overwhelm anyone with daunting requirements so we simply give you the challenge to document your year then let you approach this project in a way that meets your individual goals.

Here are some typical formats our members have chosen:

One layout for each week of the year (single or double pages)

A double page layout covering two weeks

One layout (single or double paged) per month

A monthly calendar style layout with or without a companion page.

Scrap the significant events from each month-- some months with more pages than others.

Use the new "Pocket Life" products to document your year.

You can choose one of these formats or create your own. The way you go about it is really up to you; however, we do have a few requirements if you wish to participate in the "official" SG Project Life for 2013 and be eligible for the associated prizes.

Requirements:

You must post your layouts to the SG Project Life Gallery in order for them to earn points toward the quarterly drawings and GRAND PRIZE.

You must use RECENT photos in your Project Life pages. This means photos taken in 2013 or within the last 6 months.

You must include at least one layout from each month of 2013 to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE.

If you are a hybrid or traditional scrapper, you are welcome to join the challenge too. Simply post photos or scans of your finished pages.

Prizes:

Quarterly Drawing Prize - Digital Layout Template

Winners will be randomly drawn from members who post layouts to the SG Project Life Gallery. Each layout uploaded to this Gallery earns 1 point, a double page earns 2, with a maximum number of points for a month being 4. You may upload more than 4 layouts if you are catching up, but you will only get 4 points for that month.

You can also earn an extra point for each Project SG Chat you attend. Watch the newsletter for the dates and times.

Grand Prize - $52.00 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate

Each person who completes layouts for the entire year of 2013 (at least one layout for each month of 2013) will be eligilbe for the Grand Prize drawing.

We will also have a special little surprise for those who complete all their layouts for the year by January 15, 2014.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I missed the chat. I got myself all set up and then missed it anyway. Next time I will have to set an alarm. I did this 2 years ago and then stopped after 4 months. When I look back at those layouts now I'm disappointed that I didn't keep up because they are a wonderful photographic diary. I'm going to really try to hang in there this year.

Thank you, Shannon, for a great chat and for not making Project Life quite as daunting as Project 52 - I just couldn't keep up with that! I think this is something I can do for sure and I'm certainly going to try my best to commit and DO IT!

The chat was lots of fun - it was good to see so many members there! (And I'm so happy that I actually got into the chat room and didn't get booted out!)

I will definitely do this again this year. I turned last year's LOs into a sweet little star book and even though I say so myself, it looks lovely and it's something I will enjoy looking at for many years to come. Let's hope I have things of interest to scrap in 2013!

I was all ready to go, but looking at that gallery, I'm not sure I'm up to it. I'll rethink it.

Ann, it won't be the same without you! Don't re-think too hard! I'm going to give it a try and see how well I keep up with it - being required to do one a month and not one every week was what drew me in and I think it will give me incentive to scrap a little bit more about my daily life. I may not make it through the year but going to give it a whirl! Please do! I'll cheer you on, if you'll cheer me on! I'll need little reminders! LOL

I'll be participating this year and is one of my goals for 2013 (as well as scrapping all my 2013 pictures). I've almost done my first layout, but as I've been playing catch up on Jumpstart January I'm already behind :) However, my daughter has finished her first layout which covers the first two weeks,she is 4 years old so it is very very pink! I wonder if she makes it to the end of year whether there will be change in colour...

I have never done anything like this before so am really looking forward to it. I have enjoyed seeing the project 52 layouts in the gallery. I have always done many more than one layout a month about our life (usually trips, events, etc.) so keeping up shouldn't be too hard. I am going to try to incorporate some every day things in this year's layouts. I like the idea of a similar format for the whole year and have some templates that I plan to use along with the Pocket Life products. Happy scrappin' everyone!

This is great, couldn't make the chat though. :(/> I am so anxious to see which format everyone decides to use!

I'm sticking with the same format as before - 1 LO per week - but I hope to incorporate the new Pocket Life products somehow.

I'm so excited about SG Project Life 2013!

I'm looking forward to documenting this year. I think the last Project SG I did was for 2009. I love looking back at that album.

The new pocket life products really inspired me. (Designers...make more! hint, hint, nudge, nudge lol)

I just posted my first 3 pages. The title page explains the method I'm using. I've got a few more to post...I'll probably wait until later tonight so they don't flood the gallery at once.

I don't know how many pages I'll have each week/month. Just depends on how many pictures I take.

I'm in. I always seem to wait until September to start on my layouts. I get them done, but it's stressful. Maybe this time, I'll get them done as the year progresses and won't have so much "scrapper's block". ;)

Ann, Sara, there's no harm in trying! So, you don't get the whole year done, at least you get some months accomplished and are eligible for the monthly prizes.

I'm in. I always seem to wait until September to start on my layouts. I get them done, but it's stressful. Maybe this time, I'll get them done as the year progresses and won't have so much "scrapper's block". ;)/>

Ann, Sara, there's no harm in trying! So, you don't get the whole year done, at least you get some months accomplished and are eligible for the monthly prizes.

I think I'm in for the long haul, Monica but a little prodding now and again wouldn't hurt! LOL It was funny - I had already decided and started doing a layout for each week that Crawford has been here as a gift for his Mom and Dad so I was elated that what I was doing fit right in with Project Life! I haven't told his Mom and Dad that I'm doing it yet and thought I would wait until I had done a couple of months so I could give them a scrapbook binder filled with a few layouts. That way, I can give them the binder and then each week give them a new page to put in it.

Thanks for the encouragement! Keep doing it! :)

I'm looking forward to doing this. I'm relatively new to digital scrapbooking, only discovered it in August, but I've done photobooks before have kept up with organizing and indexing my digital photos for over 10 years.

One of my goals this year is to become a better photographer, and I think the best way to do that is to take more pictures! So the encouragement to take out my camera, even on "ordinary" days, is going to be a benefit.

I've started with the first three weeks of January so I guess it's time to start posting!

Good luck, everyone!

So, I am not sure I understand the requirements yet. I have to make at least two different calendars this uear. My thought was to make one page each month, using current photos. Most likely, they would have absolutely NOTHING to do with what I am doing, other than taking photos. Will that approach fill the bill?

As I had already created weekly page for the first three weeks of the year I will share links to them here and then share this current week I just finished. These weekly ones are just for fun so I am doing more serious monthly page which I will also share as I do them.

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

now the current Week 4

I'm not sure if just using one photo on a layout counts or not? Some weeks I do a page a day with a photo and some weeks I do one page with a lot of pics, so if this one doesn't work for Project Life, please let me know and I will move it. :) :)

Crawford's Smile • Project Life 2013

Archived