Sg: Project Life 2013

tinkerbell11

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for clarification. Anyone? Anyone??

Ann, from what I understood, the only real requirement was to use recent (within 6 months or so) photos. And I think the project life police are busy at the donut shop and won't arrest you for making your project a calendar. But I have no official decision making super powers here, just letting you know someone paid attention to your question. I think your idea for you calendar is great and I look forward to seeing it come together. My advice....just do it!!!!! :conversation:

I agree with Sandi, Ann - I think your calendars would definitely fit the bill as long as the photos are recent. I can't wait to see them! I posted a layout with just one photo today for Project Life and I'm not sure it's going to fit the bill - I can't remember that there was a number of the pics we had to use or not use so figured it was worth a try.

Go for it! Your calendars are always great!

I've uploaded my first week layout to the gallery. Are we meant to include a link here for each one?

I was planning on doing week 2 this evening, but it has taken me all the time to sort through the pictures. This is obviously something I need to stay on top of, otherwise I will need to search through our folders to find where I'd filed pictures of different dates.

Thanks, Sara. I'll do the full size version tomorrow..a little different, for different users. I can't believe I'm actually doing this! I usually go into made scrapping mode about the first of December. If I can keep up, I'll have it all done by then and can do some other fun holiday things!

Thanks, Sara. I'll do the full size version tomorrow..a little different, for different users. I can't believe I'm actually doing this! I usually go into made scrapping mode about the first of December. If I can keep up, I'll have it all done by then and can do some other fun holiday things!

:) :) You go girl! You've got your motivation going! YAY!

Ann, I'm sure the calendars will be fine. At the chat everyone thought it was a wonderful idea (I may even "borrow it" ;) )

I agree with Sandi, Ann - I think your calendars would definitely fit the bill as long as the photos are recent. I can't wait to see them! I posted a layout with just one photo today for Project Life and I'm not sure it's going to fit the bill - I can't remember that there was a number of the pics we had to use or not use so figured it was worth a try.

Sara, this is open to your interpretation. Remember, the goal is to help you stay current. There's no set format, which means there's no set number of photos. A lot of my 2012 layouts are 2-page spreads with a "spotlight" photo and journalling on the left and a collection of photos on the right.

I've uploaded my first week layout to the gallery. Are we meant to include a link here for each one?

I was planning on doing week 2 this evening, but it has taken me all the time to sort through the pictures. This is obviously something I need to stay on top of, otherwise I will need to search through our folders to find where I'd filed pictures of different dates.

Kate, you don't need to post a link here, just make sure that you post the layout in the correct gallery and label it with the month it is associated with. As for pictures, as you're sorting, maybe you could add a temporary folder for Project Life. You'd have duplicate pictures until your layout is done, but at least you wouldn't have to sort twice.

Well, I posted my first official pages. One thing I learned, for those of you trying the Pocket Life pages with real page protectors, remember to flip your template for the backside of the page. I did a December layout earlier, and figured that I would probably put the first January page on the back of December. I remembered to use the same template, but forgot to flip it, so when I print out the pieces, they'll actually need to be reversed when I put them in the pages. Not a big deal for most of the page, but not all of it is symmetrical. I'm still trying to decide if I need to go back and redo it so it looks okay with page two.

Ann, I'm sure the calendars will be fine. At the chat everyone thought it was a wonderful idea (I may even "borrow it" ;)/> )

Sara, this is open to your interpretation. Remember, the goal is to help you stay current. There's no set format, which means there's no set number of photos. A lot of my 2012 layouts are 2-page spreads with a "spotlight" photo and journalling on the left and a collection of photos on the right.

Kate, you don't need to post a link here, just make sure that you post the layout in the correct gallery and label it with the month it is associated with. As for pictures, as you're sorting, maybe you could add a temporary folder for Project Life. You'd have duplicate pictures until your layout is done, but at least you wouldn't have to sort twice.

Thank you, Monica! :)

The temporary folder is a great idea, but I already had one! I thought I'd got all the pictures sorted last night and just found I was missing 2. I am going to aim to put my pictures in the folder every day. They can't get lost then!

I'd only used the week number in my title so I've added the month as well, just to make sure.

Sara, referring to the comment you left on my layout - I was watching gallery last year and working out in my head what I wanted to do for 2013. I was going freestyle so I've been buying collections and brushes with text like favourite picture, best time ever. I also read in one of the threads here that it was good to limit your choice so pick a few templates and collections at the start of the year. I started doing that and realised many of the templates I had didn't have the combination of journalling and pictures so I decided to create my own. I added layouts I liked to Pinterest and then when through each one and worked out what it was I like; and I discovered I like the simple the layouts. Oh well maybe next year I'll use all the collections I bought :D

Is it okay to link to Pinterest? If so, and if people are interested I will add a link to my Project 52 board as you may find some interesting things there

The temporary folder is a great idea, but I already had one! I thought I'd got all the pictures sorted last night and just found I was missing 2. I am going to aim to put my pictures in the folder every day. They can't get lost then!

I'd only used the week number in my title so I've added the month as well, just to make sure.

Sara, referring to the comment you left on my layout - I was watching gallery last year and working out in my head what I wanted to do for 2013. I was going freestyle so I've been buying collections and brushes with text like favourite picture, best time ever. I also read in one of the threads here that it was good to limit your choice so pick a few templates and collections at the start of the year. I started doing that and realised many of the templates I had didn't have the combination of journalling and pictures so I decided to create my own. I added layouts I liked to Pinterest and then when through each one and worked out what it was I like; and I discovered I like the simple the layouts. Oh well maybe next year I'll use all the collections I bought :D/>

Is it okay to link to Pinterest? If so, and if people are interested I will add a link to my Project 52 board as you may find some interesting things there

Simple is good, Kate! Simplify is my word of the year! I'm trying so hard to do that too! And I loved your layout!

At 4 I don't think my daughter needs her own account so I've uploaded her first real layout. In case you can't tell the difference with mine I've given her's the title child's project life.

We've been sorting through her pictures for week 3 today and the number is decreasing so I don't know how long she will be interested but I'll keep encouraging her while she is. In week 2 she took a really nice picture of my husband and son which I only found today because it was on my husband's camera. I've been encouraging her to swap it for the picture of the box of toys but she is having none of it; opinionated about the design already!

So, I am not sure I understand the requirements yet. I have to make at least two different calendars this uear. My thought was to make one page each month, using current photos. Most likely, they would have absolutely NOTHING to do with what I am doing, other than taking photos. Will that approach fill the bill?

As long as you are scrapping current photos for each month the calendar pages will meet the requirements for the GrandPrize and the quarterly drawings too!

Thanks Monica for answering some questions too! As long as photos are current the layouts qualify to earn points as long as they are in the right gallery. And to be entered in the Grand Prize drawing if you have a layout for each month of 2013 you are entered. That means January 2013 photos in a layout and Feb, March, April, etc.. just one for each month for the grand prize, in any format you choose: a calendar, pocket life, 8 x 11, 12 x 12 etc wide open!

At 4 I don't think my daughter needs her own account so I've uploaded her first real layout. In case you can't tell the difference with mine I've given her's the title child's project life.

We've been sorting through her pictures for week 3 today and the number is decreasing so I don't know how long she will be interested but I'll keep encouraging her while she is. In week 2 she took a really nice picture of my husband and son which I only found today because it was on my husband's camera. I've been encouraging her to swap it for the picture of the box of toys but she is having none of it; opinionated about the design already!

Beth did a great job with her layout, Kate and I am so happy that you shared it here with us! Thanks for posting it so we could all ooooh and aaaaah over it and tell Beth that she's already a bonafide Scrap Girl here on the mb! I love that she shares your love of design and already has her design opinions! :):)

Thanks for posting it so we could all ooooh and aaaaah over it and tell Beth that she's already a bonafide Scrap Girl here on the mb! I love that she shares your love of design and already has her design opinions! :)/> :)/>

I read out all the comments to her this evening and she loved it, particularly the cheering smiley faces! It maybe enough to encourage her to finish page 2 :)

Thank you everyone

I finally got a monthly one done..... Here

I used a Jif6 PDS kit so I'm hoping that still counts?? It felt good to be starting back again! :-0)

I have missed everyone here!!

Project Life Gallery

Just thought I'd post the Gallery here!

Thanks so much Sara for the link to the gallery...

I've been hunting for SG Project Life 2013 for ages...

I'm going to give SG Project Life 2013 a go for the very first time!! :disappearing-smilie:

** Question - When is quarter time please ??

Well, I posted my first official pages. One thing I learned, for those of you trying the Pocket Life pages with real page protectors, remember to flip your template for the backside of the page. I did a December layout earlier, and figured that I would probably put the first January page on the back of December. I remembered to use the same template, but forgot to flip it, so when I print out the pieces, they'll actually need to be reversed when I put them in the pages. Not a big deal for most of the page, but not all of it is symmetrical. I'm still trying to decide if I need to go back and redo it so it looks okay with page two.

Thanks so much Nica for this information as I'm going to try to do mine in the Pocket Life Series :disappearing-smilie:

I've been wondering what I would do with "ordinary" weeks -- you know, the kind when nothing much happens except you go to work, clean the house, and &tc.....

Worried that this would be one of those weeks, so I made an attempt (most days) to have either my camera or phone with me, and to look for things to take pictures of.

And here I've made it to the end of the week, and even throwing out the multiple sunsets (what was I thinking?) I have so many pictures I like it's hard to decide which ones to use.

I guess it's all in the art of looking around!

I've been wondering what I would do with "ordinary" weeks -- you know, the kind when nothing much happens except you go to work, clean the house, and &tc.....

Worried that this would be one of those weeks, so I made an attempt (most days) to have either my camera or phone with me, and to look for things to take pictures of.

And here I've made it to the end of the week, and even throwing out the multiple sunsets (what was I thinking?) I have so many pictures I like it's hard to decide which ones to use.

I guess it's all in the art of looking around!

That tends to be the goal of the 365 projects (picture a day) and the Scrap 52 projects (layout a week). Glad you're finding plenty to photograph. :D

Archived