Sg: Project Life 2013

tinkerbell11

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent a couple of my pages to Costco to be printed -- although I'm intending to do a book at the end of the year, I want to make sure what I've started on looks good on paper. Am I the only one who has trouble envisioning what the page will look like when it's off my monitor?

Anyway, I printed both in 12x12 and 8x8 because I don't know what size I'll end up with, and I wanted to make sure the font I use for journaling is legible at the smaller size.

Discoveries:

- The printed versions are darker, less bright, than what shows on my monitor. I shouldn't be surprised by this, I've seen it before, I just need to remember that a picture that looks a little washed out when I'm working on it will come out fine when printed.

- Colors on my monitor are showing pretty close to the printed ones, thank goodness. I know I should do a calibration thing, but.... I did that on my previous computer and found that it made my pictures look good in PS, but for everything else the screen seemed too dark. I doubt I can be counted on to remember to change color profiles on the monitor between tasks.

- I love how much more dramatic the 12x12 size looks over the 8x8... but am wondering how a book that large will be to handle. I've always done photobooks at about 8x10 or so in the past. DH is arguing for the smaller size, which does look nice. Well, I have 11 months to decide on that one!

Was going to do this today but my BP is up & down today :(/>/>/>

When is quarter of the time please ?? March ??

A quarter is 3 months.

Thanks Sandi!

Thanks Sandi & Shannon

Does it matter if I ONLY do 2 per mth instead of 4 ??

So the Random drawing will be in April ??

Thanks ladies... I'm off to start :happy-sun:

Was going to do this today but my BP is up & down today :(/>/>/>/>

A quarter is 3 months.

Thanks Sandi!

Thanks Sandi & Shannon

Thanks ladies... I'm off to start :happy-sun:/>

Whatever suits your specific needs there is no minimum number of layouts! The maximum points for each month is 4 though! Unless it is a Chat month then you can get 5 if you attend that chat. And yes the Random draw will occur at the close of March so will appear in the first Saturday after that !

Sara you are on a roll, Crawford is going to have QUITE a book!

I'm having such fun making this book for Crawford! I don't know how doing 4 a month turned into one a day for me though!! I just can't let a day go by without documenting it! LOL. I didn't know what I was missing by not having a baby around until Crawford! I'm so in love with this precious baby! I'm not even supposed to be on my computer due to some issues with my migraines but I've done more layouts of Crawford in three weeks than I normally do in three months!

Was going to do this today but my BP is up & down today :(/>/>/>/>/>

A quarter is 3 months.

Thanks Sandi!

Thanks Sandi & Shannon

Thanks ladies... I'm off to start :happy-sun:/>/>

Whatever suits your specific needs there is no minimum number of layouts! The maximum points for each month is 4 though! Unless it is a Chat month then you can get 5 if you attend that chat. And yes the Random draw will occur at the close of March so will appear in the first Saturday after that !

Thanks so much Shannon for letting me know about the points & the Random Draw... I'm in the process of doing January to catch up :disappearing-smilie: (Can't attend any chats - sorry!)

I have five layouts in the gallery about our fostering a puppy that we named Max. He was injured when he came to us and

we saw him through his surgery and the first six weeks of his recovery. The first layout here was about the day we returned

him to the lady who brought him to us. The next four are his story from the day we got him back in November until the day

we returned him.

All these layouts were made in January 2013. But some of the photos are from November and December 2012.

You can find them here:

Project Life - January 2013

Maxie's Story Page 1

Maxie's Story Page 2

Maxies Story Page 3

Maxie's Story Page 4

I'm back again with January_Week 1 & Week 2 :disappearing-smilie:

Project Life_January Wk 1 (L) @ http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/140739-project-life-january-wk-1-l/

Project Life_January Wk 2 ® @ http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/140736-project-life-january-wk-2-r/

See you next week for Wk's 3 & 4 :happy-sun:

Well I've fallen behind already, I've not started yet. I'm going to have a couple of weeks with no photos, I'll need to be creative for those.

No worries, Valerie. You can do it! Perhaps you could use those blank weeks as tribute weeks to your Step-dad and Mum. Of course, those wouldn't be eligible for the prizes, but we're not eligible anyway. ;)

I sent a couple of my pages to Costco to be printed -- although I'm intending to do a book at the end of the year, I want to make sure what I've started on looks good on paper. Am I the only one who has trouble envisioning what the page will look like when it's off my monitor?

Anyway, I printed both in 12x12 and 8x8 because I don't know what size I'll end up with, and I wanted to make sure the font I use for journaling is legible at the smaller size.

Discoveries:

- The printed versions are darker, less bright, than what shows on my monitor. I shouldn't be surprised by this, I've seen it before, I just need to remember that a picture that looks a little washed out when I'm working on it will come out fine when printed.

- Colors on my monitor are showing pretty close to the printed ones, thank goodness. I know I should do a calibration thing, but.... I did that on my previous computer and found that it made my pictures look good in PS, but for everything else the screen seemed too dark. I doubt I can be counted on to remember to change color profiles on the monitor between tasks.

- I love how much more dramatic the 12x12 size looks over the 8x8... but am wondering how a book that large will be to handle. I've always done photobooks at about 8x10 or so in the past. DH is arguing for the smaller size, which does look nice. Well, I have 11 months to decide on that one!

i'm also worried about how my pages will look as a book when the project is finally finished. i've never printed a photo book before, but one of my close friends did recently. She shared some highlight pages with us via facebook and they looked fun and bright, but when i got to see the actual physical book, it was kinda disappointing. Well she's thrilled with the book anyway, so good for her.

Anyway, i'm doing mine in 8x8 as it's a good size for both onscreen display and printing. i really don't wish for time to pass by so quickly, but i find myself looking forward to finishing this project and seeing an actual physical book! Anyone else feel the same way? =)

I'm back again with January_Week 3 & Week 4 ~ these were finished last week & I thought I'd uploaded them... :embarrassed003:

Project Life_January Wk 3 (L) @ http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/140928-project-life-january-wk-3-l/

Project Life_January Wk 4 ® @ http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/140927-project-life-january-wk-4-r/

February is already in the process... :happy-sun:

Hey fellow Project Lifers, anyone else feel like you're trying to do more fun things and bring the family out more, simply because these events would be so much fun to record on our weekly/monthly layouts? i'm sure having fun, we just went to a kite festival yesterday evening, and none of us are any good with kites. But that also means i have plenty of pictures of the person trying to fly the kite, and the kite is low enough to still be in the frame! Kekekeke...

Not too long ago, hubby came across a video/webpage about a guy who embarked on a Project 365 type of project, taking a photo of himself each day. Before long, he realised most of his photos were taken sitting in front of the computer. (Sad fact of modern day life!) To change that, he simply went out and did stuff, tried new things he'd never done before, and took photos of the process. i only caught a glimpse as i walked past the computer monitor while attending to chores, but it looked like the guy ended up with lots of really beautiful, fascinating pictures. Of course he's probably a single guy without too much in the way of commitments, but i find that inspiring. And did you know, Jeff Fatt of the Wiggles has also done a photo-a-day project, in fact ever since the Wiggles started playing way back in 1991? i can only imagine how fascinating those photos must be, and how the guy himself must feel as he looks back on his life through all those years!

Hey fellow Project Lifers, anyone else feel like you're trying to do more fun things and bring the family out more, simply because these events would be so much fun to record on our weekly/monthly layouts? i'm sure having fun, we just went to a kite festival yesterday evening, and none of us are any good with kites. But that also means i have plenty of pictures of the person trying to fly the kite, and the kite is low enough to still be in the frame! Kekekeke...

Not too long ago, hubby came across a video/webpage about a guy who embarked on a Project 365 type of project, taking a photo of himself each day. Before long, he realised most of his photos were taken sitting in front of the computer. (Sad fact of modern day life!) To change that, he simply went out and did stuff, tried new things he'd never done before, and took photos of the process. i only caught a glimpse as i walked past the computer monitor while attending to chores, but it looked like the guy ended up with lots of really beautiful, fascinating pictures. Of course he's probably a single guy without too much in the way of commitments, but i find that inspiring. And did you know, Jeff Fatt of the Wiggles has also done a photo-a-day project, in fact ever since the Wiggles started playing way back in 1991? i can only imagine how fascinating those photos must be, and how the guy himself must feel as he looks back on his life through all those years!

Didn't realize that about Jeff. My grandkids (and I) were big Wiggles fans when they were on TV. I do find myself taking photos of every-day stuff more than I ever did before.

Yes, I'm finding something similar - a year of pictures of my office and my kitchen won't be too interesting! So I've been trying to make sure I make time and go places that it's worthwhile to have my camera out. Nothing as exciting as a kite festival, LOL, but maybe even just around my yard with my eyes open. I think it's harder, since I don't have any kids around any more (my baby is 33 and lives 3000 miles away) but it's been an exercise in, I guess you could call it mindfulness.

Archived