Customizing Ssdigital Layout Templaes

LauraYB

How do I change the title layer in an Album template? Do I have to create my own text layer with the text tool?

I'm trying to achieve the top title. I can add styles, change color, etc. to the title layer but cannot change the text.

If I use the text tool to create my own layer, it doesn't look right when applying the SNU_SSTools_Styles_BurnedTextures6301-1. What am I doing wrong?

TFH!

How do I change the title layer in an Album template? I'm trying to achieve the top title in the attached image. I can add styles, change color, etc. to the title layer but cannot change the text. If I use the text tool to create my own layer (lower title in attached image), it doesn't look right when applying the SNU_SSTools_Styles_BurnedTextures6301-1. What am I doing wrong? TFH!

DON'T know the answer, but I really like your Winter Wonderland LO siggie, awesome!

Thank you! Took the pic after our winter snowstorm in late Dec. I love snow--God's way of painting the dead, brown landscape in winter.

I don't know the answer to your question either, but your layout is lovely. Why don't you pm Syndee though and ask her since they are her templates - I'm sure she would be happy to help!

Almost forgot! Syndee's profile:

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/user/2694-syndee/

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with that style. Are your title and the original title the same color to start with? The other thought is to find a thicker font. It appears that the color you're getting is just the edge color from the original. Hope that gives you some ideas to get you started until someone familiar with the style comes along.

I think I figured out the answer to my question. Instead of using regular test, I clicked on the text mask and typed my title.. Then, I increased the size of the "text mask" until I got it to the desired size. Then I selected and applied my style. Whoila! Exactly what I wanted. I'll search for a tutorial on text masking, but that might be a good topic for the NL's.

Thanks ScrapGirls.

Some templates come with an editable text layer , while others come with the sample placement. You can tell them apart in the layers panel. Ones that are editable will the the "T" in the thumbnail spot. You can just double click on the "T" in the layers panel to open the layer for editing. If it doesn't have the "T", it is just a png layer.

Archived