Giving Design Credit To Non-Sg Freebies

sjblash

I'm wanting to upload a layout where I used a freebie template from another site. However the site doesn't give the designer's name.

I don't want to list the other site's name, however I feel like I should give credit somehow. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Sara

Thank you for asking an excellent question, Sara. I would say that you should just say that you used a free template from another site and you don't know the name of the designer. That's the best you can do and stay within the Scrap Girls TOU.

Thank you for asking an excellent question, Sara. I would say that you should just say that you used a free template from another site and you don't know the name of the designer. That's the best you can do and stay within the Scrap Girls TOU.

Pat, do you know how I can modify my comment on the layouts? (ha,ha) Thought it would be straightforward, but I'm stumped.

Sara, go to the page your layout is on, and below the information box on the right click on the Mod Options button, then click on Edit Image. HTH

Pat, do you know how I can modify my comment on the layouts? (ha,ha) Thought it would be straightforward, but I'm stumped.

Sara, go to the page your layout is on, and below the information box on the right click on the Mod Options button, then click on Edit Image. HTH

You ladies were so helpful. Thank you so much!

When I use a non-SG item I just include the file name in the supplies list without mentioning the specific web site or designer.

Thanks. I thought we were encouraged to include the designer's name if we knew it.

When I use a non-SG item I just include the file name in the supplies list without mentioning the specific web site or designer.

Thanks. I thought we were encouraged to include the designer's name if we knew it.

I thought that, too. I always put the designer/company, just with no link.

It is okay to post the name of the kit/designer, but not the name of any competing site or online store. Here is a sentence copied from the SG Terms of Use:

"It is right and acceptable to include the kit and designer name, please do not include a competing website or online store name. We want you to give credit where credit is due."

Hope this helps! ;)

It is okay to post the name of the kit/designer, but not the name of any competing site or online store. Here is a sentence copied from the SG Terms of Use:

"It is right and acceptable to include the kit and designer name, please do not include a competing website or online store name. We want you to give credit where credit is due."

Hope this helps! ;)/>

Yes that helps, thanks again!

Archived