Congratulations Karen (Scrapgram)

CRS

Member of the Month: February 2013

Congratulations Karen (ScrapGram)! The Scrap Girls Team has chosen Karen as the Member of the Month for February! Karen will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique and has the honor of wearing the Member of the Month blinkie!

Since joining in August 2011, Karen has been an active, friendly member joining in the challenges and games. Her gallery is full of amazing layouts! Karen leaves lots of love in the gallery and shares helpful information about Photoshop Elements. Thank you so much for making Scrap Girls the fun and friendly purple place that it is!

When you have some time Karen, please tell us a little about yourself and share a link to your favorite layout! Thank you for making Scrap Girls a wonderful, friendly place! Congratulations!!

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. I was truly surprised!

A little about me - I live in eastern Ohio with my wonderful husband of almost 45 years. We have lived in the same small town for close to 40 years and have a wonderful group of friends that we do lot with. We also have two grown daughters and a super terrific grandson!! Both my husband and I agree that raising our daughters has been the greatest and most enjoyable accomplishment of our lives. It is so nice when your children get to the point of also being your friend!

We are both retired and love it. I retired 4 years ago from our local hospice program where I was the director for 24 years. Since retiring we have travelled a lot. Our goal is to visit all 50 states. So far we have been to 28. We also hope to travel to several other countries.

I have had no artistic training what so ever, but have always loved crafts. I have done knitting, macrame, ceramics, needlepoint, and lots of cross stitch. I did a scrapbook for both daughters when they graduated from high school in the late 80s/early 90s. I used one of those magnetic albums and just put in pictures and momentos from throughout their life. No paper, embellihments, and minimal journalling. I got into paper scrapping around 2003 and promised them I would re-do their scrapbooks when I retired. That was one of the first things I did after my retirement. Now I wish I would have waited because I didn't discover digital scrapping until around 2010. I don't think I want to do those scrapbooks a 3rd tme! I absolutely love digi scrapping and I am so grateful that I stumbled across Scrap Girls. I have learned so much here and everyone is so incredibly helpful and friendly. Plus the products are such high quality and the sales are terrific!

Thanks again for choosing me Member of the Month. I will wear the crown very proudly!!!!

Archived