Used Scrapbook Mags

Lynn M

I used to be SO addicted to scrapbooking, the paper kind, I even have a list of over 1600 articals in over 100+ magazines. I've gone through them and got out all the ones with digital sb'ing articals. I've tried over and over to offer to anyone interested these 100+ mags but no one wants them, I'm ready to trash them. Does anybody here have any ideas what I can do with them other than trach them. They are from late 1990's - 2008's. Thanks for any ideas.

Lynn

I was just thinking of the GS too and adult homes where they like looking through magazines. Also, a paper scrap store could offer them to their customers in a free box or something.

I started cutting out LOs I like, pasting into a notebook, noting what it was I liked, what I learned, a particular photo, color, embellishment, sketch, or theme. Sometimes a particular piece of journaling was inspirational. Anyway, I now have 3 such notebooks full of inspiration. Everything else got recycled.

There's quite a few recreation clubs in the area, especially for adult daycare type facilities. I can't give you names, but some of them have craft type classes. I need to get rid of some magazines, too. I have Watercolor magazines to cull. I don't cut out, because I never use them.

Many libraries will take them and sell them for cheap, as is. We use this money to help fund children's programs or purchase something special for the branch.

Laurie, that's a neat idea!

Thanks, ladies. I called the library and they were thrilled, and I can send them with DH when he goes to work. Have a good SuperBowl Sunday. And thanks to to all others that answered.

Lynn

Ladies, I was going to take them to the library, but just before time to take them, I got a call from my sister. It seems she mentioned it to her grandson's wife (they haven't been married long)who just recently started SB'ing with her mom and sisters. I'm so glad to find someone that I can watch blossom into a great scrapbooker. Thank you all for all the suggestions.

I used to be SO addicted to scrapbooking, the paper kind, I even have a list of over 1600 articals in over 100+ magazines. I've gone through them and got out all the ones with digital sb'ing articals. I've tried over and over to offer to anyone interested these 100+ mags but no one wants them, I'm ready to trash them. Does anybody here have any ideas what I can do with them other than trach them. They are from late 1990's - 2008's. Thanks for any ideas.

Lynn

Our local scrapbook stores have a sale every 6 months or so where people can bring in their sb papers, tools, magazines, anything they do not want any more, and have the sb store owner sell them. You have to have your items marked and in the store by a certain date and pick up anything that is not sold. You do not need to be present. In turn you receive a certificate for the amount you sold to use in her store. It's a win-win situation.

Thank you, but when I found a family member who had just started SBing, I gave her most of it, magazines, DC's, DVD's, books, the works. I still can't believe I let it all go. She was in heaven. I've only put some things in a SB store like that a few times, in fact I completely forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder. Have a great day.

I had a similar stash seems so wasteful I know, I go to a crop at least twice a year and there is a trade table, I usually put stuff on it and I do as other's mentioned I rip out stuff and make a notebook of ideas! I also made some laminated cards on a ring to flip thru for layout ideas too!

Archived