Having Problem Uploading

countrydi

Hi there! I'm trying to upload a ATC and can't for some reason. I wanted to enter the contest before midnight tonight. I enter my info and browse and find my ATC and as soon as I I hit submit image the space where my ATC info was goes blank. I have never had an issues before. Is this me? Or a board issue?

Thank you in advance!!

Hi Di I just uploaded my ATC to that gallery, so I don't think it's a board issue.

Where it says Image To Load --- did you click choose file and then click on your jpeg in your file AND then submit image? I know I've forgotten to choose my file before AND wondered what to heck was wrong.

Hi there! I'm trying to upload a ATC and can't for some reason. I wanted to enter the contest before midnight tonight. I enter my info and browse and find my ATC and as soon as I I hit submit image the space where my ATC info was goes blank. I have never had an issues before. Is this me? Or a board issue?

Thank you in advance!!

Hi Di!

I just replied to your email about this, and you may want to check Sherry's idea.

Theresa....sent you an email back Thanks!

Sherry....Thanks, yes I did make sure I did have it loaded, but I have done that already. LOL Good idea though. My computer was updated Java tonight and didn't finish and don't know if that has anything to do with it or not?

Hi Di,

When you try to upload it to the gallery, after you click on New Image, are you sure you have completed the Caption field at the top, the Description, then click in the Image to Upload, navigate to your ATC on your computer and click Open, then click the Submit Image button at the bottom.

Does this help?

Hi Di,

When you try to upload it to the gallery, after you click on New Image, are you sure you have completed the Caption field at the top, the Description, then click in the Image to Upload, navigate to your ATC on your computer and click Open, then click the Submit Image button at the bottom.

Does this help?

Yeppers....followed every one of those steps :-(

Theresa....sent you an email back Thanks!

Sherry....Thanks, yes I did make sure I did have it loaded, but I have done that already. LOL Good idea though. My computer was updated Java tonight and didn't finish and don't know if that has anything to do with it or not?

I'm not positive, but I don't think the Java update would have anything to do with it... but maybe it does???

Try shutting down your computer and re-starting and then trying to upload to the Gallery. Let's see what happens...

Been fighting with my computer and I tried reloading Java but still no luck uploading here at SG's. I even tried renaming ATC file name. I am so frustrated!

What's weird is I went and tried to upload another ATC that is already on SG so I know it's ok size, file and all and it does the exact same thing. As soon as I hit submit image, the file info disappears completely....like I never put it in there......so weird.

What's weird is I went and tried to upload another ATC that is already on SG so I know it's ok size, file and all and it does the exact same thing. As soon as I hit submit image, the file info disappears completely....like I never put it in there......so weird.

Hi Di - you said the file info disappears completely. What happens next? What do you see on the screen? Do you get an error message or anything?

Wish I could be more help - maybe get some rest away from it tonight and try again fresh tomorrow? It will be too late for the contest, but you still have time for the January swap...

Hi Di - you said the file info disappears completely. What happens next? What do you see on the screen? Do you get an error message or anything?

Wish I could be more help - maybe get some rest away from it tonight and try again fresh tomorrow? It will be too late for the contest, but you still have time for the January swap...

Hi Theresa....I wish there was an error message, then it might be easier to figure this out! When the info disappears....it's just like nothing. The title is still there and the post info is still there. Just the file info is gone. I just tried uploading the layout I posted here the other day and couldn't and so I'm guessing it's something with my computer. :mad-at-computer:/>

Hi Theresa....I wish there was an error message, then it might be easier to figure this out! When the info disappears....it's just like nothing. The title is still there and the post info is still there. Just the file info is gone. I just tried uploading the layout I posted here the other day and couldn't and so I'm guessing it's something with my computer. :mad-at-computer:/>/>/>

Hmmm, sorry I can't be more helpful... :(

Maybe someone else will come along later with some better information...

Hi Theresa....I wish there was an error message, then it might be easier to figure this out! When the info disappears....it's just like nothing. The title is still there and the post info is still there. Just the file info is gone. I just tried uploading the layout I posted here the other day and couldn't and so I'm guessing it's something with my computer. :mad-at-computer:/>/>/>/>

Hmmm, sorry I can't be more helpful... :(/>

Maybe someone else will come along later with some better information...

Thanks for all your help Theresa! I'm gonna let it alone for tonight. Before I throw my laptop out the window! Maybe tomorrow will be better!

Thanks for all your help Theresa! I'm gonna let it alone for tonight. Before I throw my laptop out the window! Maybe tomorrow will be better!

Goodnight Di - pleasant dreams! :going-to-sleep:

You can access and upload to the gallery with out java installed. I have it turned off on this browser and can upload just fine.

Double check the size of your file. It can't be more than 600 pixels wide in any direction.

Hi April....the size is good. And I just uploaded a layout the other day with no problems, I can't even reload that one now. I just can't figure it out.

Ok....This is really got me crazy. I even moved the ATC to MY Documents and tried uploading and same thing happens. I have no idea why I can poat but not upload any images when just the other day I uploaded a layout with no problems :throw:/>

Hi Di

I sure hope this gets sorted out for you - how frustrating, I was wondering if yo ever upload to any other sites, for instance I regularly upload phottos from my laptop to places like Shutterfly, Snapfish, Walmart etc.

I'm wondering if it would work for you to upload to another site - not that it would solve your problem, but maybe define it more as just a SG upload issue or an overall one? I don't know if that's helpful, but it's a thought. Good luck.

Ok....This is really got me crazy. I even moved the ATC to MY Documents and tried uploading and same thing happens. I have no idea why I can post but not upload any images when just the other day I uploaded a layout with no problems throw.gif/>

Could you please send me the file so I can take a look at it? sgaprilshowers@gmail.com

Hi Di

I sure hope this gets sorted out for you - how frustrating, I was wondering if yo ever upload to any other sites, for instance I regularly upload phottos from my laptop to places like Shutterfly, Snapfish, Walmart etc.

I'm wondering if it would work for you to upload to another site - not that it would solve your problem, but maybe define it more as just a SG upload issue or an overall one? I don't know if that's helpful, but it's a thought. Good luck.

I just uploaded the same ATC to Facebook a few minutes ago with no problems

Ok....This is really got me crazy. I even moved the ATC to MY Documents and tried uploading and same thing happens. I have no idea why I can post but not upload any images when just the other day I uploaded a layout with no problems throw.gif/>

Could you please send me the file so I can take a look at it? sgaprilshowers@gmail.com

I just sent it off to you April.....Thank you!

:2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>

Ok after talking to my computer techy son, who I now have stomped, he also suggested I try another browser. Which to me is like another language. But he said try Firefox, so I did. Well I'm confused as ever with another browser, but it worked!!! We have no idea why. But I was able to post my ATC FINALLY!!

Thank you all for your help! I really appreciated it!!

:2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/>

Ok after talking to my computer techy son, who I now have stomped, he also suggested I try another browser. Which to me is like another language. But he said try Firefox, so I did. Well I'm confused as ever with another browser, but it worked!!! We have no idea why. But I was able to post my ATC FINALLY!!

YAY! So happy you were able to get it posted! :party-smiley-048:

:2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/>

:dancingchicken2: Woohoo glad you finally got it uploaded Di! :dancingchicken2:

Archived