Resizing/lining Up Ind. Letters From Kits?

Mindy

Is there an easy way to resize & line up letters from a kit (like the individual png files that are larger for titles, etc.)? Or, do you have to open up & resize each letter individually & eyeball them to put them in a straight line?

Guest Sharebear57
There is a way to line them up easily. I think it was mentioned over the weekend, or I saw it on a post somewhere. I am going to look around a bit to see if I can remember where I saw it...

Guest Teresa P
Easy way to line them up is put them all in your layout and then for me in PSCS I go to Layers
Align Layers and then pick top edge, left, right, bottom.

It is great!

Guest Teresa P
for sizing them. I put them all in the layout and then link them together, align them like I mentioned above and then I go to

Edit
Transform
Scale

and scale them up or down to whatever size I want them to be and it does them all togehter.

Guest Sharebear57
Teresa's tip was the one I mentioned that I had heard, but...
We don't have that option in PSE4.
What I did instead was turn on the grid and use the move tool to nudge my elements onto the same line.
If anyone knows an easier way, that would be great b.c this way was very time consuming and not perfect.

I couldn't find Align Layers in PSE, so what I did was just dragged all the letters onto the LO & arranged them so they were as lined up as I could by eyeballing it. Then, I linked those layers and then did Layer<Merge Layers. Once I did that, I was able to resize it by just doing the shift-drag corner trick and then was able to move it around. Don't know if that was how I was supposed to do it, but it worked this time & was easy. Easy is good! If someone knows whether that will screw something else up, I'd love to know!

I usually turn on my guides, put one at the top and one at the bottom and line them up. I then merge them all to the same layer and size to the LO! I can do it this way in both PSE3 and PSPX.

HTH

[quote name='sailbeachcatz177' post='68318' date='Oct 25 2006, 07:32 PM']I usually turn on my guides, put one at the top and one at the bottom and line them up. I then merge them all to the same layer and size to the LO! I can do it this way in both PSE3 and PSPX.

HTH[/quote]

OK, maybe a dumb question - but how do I turn on my guides (what guides?).

Always something more to learn!

:penguins:

Archived