8 replies to this topic

#1 momvetkat

momvetkat

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hi - I have been here for a while a learned SO MUCH. I have done the video course etc and there isn't a day when I don't at least read the newsletter and cruise the forum. However when I first was here I asked a lot of questions and haven't done so recently. Partly, it is because I always come here. Which comes me to my question: - I saw that no one had been one the site I thought I should post on since early January. I want answers! :)
Anyway, I am a long time paper scrapper newbie digital scrapper and lousy photo (not to mention an empty nester). I never thought to keep the negatives of my old photos so everything in the books. I have read about the Flip-Pal but the idea that you have to "sew" images back together makes me nervous. I am not "techy".
Kathy
"Then we began to ride. My soul smoothed itself out, a long-cramped scroll freshening and fluttering in the wind" Robert Browning

Posted Image

#2 Nica

Nica

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,222 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi Kathy! I'm not sure what your question is. Are you looking at ways to scan individual photos? Or, are you talking about scanning paper layouts?

gallery_18472_304_721.gif

SGblinkie.gif

WT-Button-copy.gif SG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

#3 KayMitch

KayMitch

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love photos, love scrapping, love life.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

1361054356[/url]' post='1069779']
Hi - I have been here for a while a learned SO MUCH. I have done the video course etc and there isn't a day when I don't at least read the newsletter and cruise the forum. However when I first was here I asked a lot of questions and haven't done so recently. Partly, it is because I always come here. Which comes me to my question: - I saw that no one had been one the site I thought I should post on since early January. I want answers! Posted Image
Anyway, I am a long time paper scrapper newbie digital scrapper and lousy photo (not to mention an empty nester). I never thought to keep the negatives of my old photos so everything in the books. I have read about the Flip-Pal but the idea that you have to "sew" images back together makes me nervous. I am not "techy".

Hi Kathy. I have a Flip Pal scanner and stitching is all done for you with the click of the mouse. It's easy. Maybe if you ask your questions again here then someone will be able to help. Happy scrapping. Kay
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#4 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Kay is right, the "stitching" is automated by the Flip Pal software that's on the memory card. It's sooo easy! As long as each scan overlaps a little the software can find the edges and join it perfectly! I'll be right back to link to a LO I did using this feature.

Aunt Ella

In the notes for this LO, I included what I did.

gallery_20128_4545_950.jpg

SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gif

#5 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Also, on the Flip Pal site they link to their blog and there is a wealth of information there! Here is one page that has several detailed entries about the stitch feature.

http://info.flip-pal...-Pal EasyStitch

I love my Flip Pal, in case you couldn't tell! :D

gallery_20128_4545_950.jpg

SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gif

#6 bitzee

bitzee

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hi Kathy,

Around the beginning of February there was a very good explanation about the Flip Pal Scanner in the “Tips From The Pros” section of the newsletter. It had pictures and was very informative. Also, the link below is for a forum discussion about the Flip Pal Scanner. You might be able to get more information there, too.
http://scrapgirls.ne..._1#entry1065310

I hope this helps some. The Flip Pal is on my wishlist.

Kathy

#7 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,617 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

The "Tips From The Pros" newsletter article Kathy (bitzee) is referring to is in the February 7 newsletter

#8 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,193 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for all the information on the FlipPal. I plan on buying one real soon and all this info will be a great help to me.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for August 2014, 7194 -- 7156 (1268) as of 8-18-14

#9 momvetkat

momvetkat

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Sorry I rambled but yes, my question was about the Flip Pal (or something similar) and it got answered. It is on my list to get as soon as possible! Thanks everyone for your help. I can't wait!
Kathy
"Then we began to ride. My soul smoothed itself out, a long-cramped scroll freshening and fluttering in the wind" Robert Browning

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users