Upgrading An Antique, Port Brushes, Etc?

medi8Amy

I hope I'm posting in the right place: It has been many years since I have participated here, and my hardware and software will prove that. :hit-head-with-hammer:/> So, maybe someone here can let me know what to expect? I am still using my old wonderful macbook, having just upping the OS to 10.6.8 in order to have Kindle. Now I find I need to go up to Lion or Mountain Lion in order to use some cool apps I want on my phone... to give you perspective of antiquity, , I just sent my very first text one month ago!... we really have been comfortable in the tech stone age...LOL! OK, so, for my digital scrap work, for 8 years, more or less, I use CS3. Happily, No complaints, but it cannot be upgraded and CS6 is out of reach financially and also overkill. I am thinking of going back to elements (thats where I started before I had the fantasy of getting really good at this... :embarrassed003:/> but that would still leave me not knowing if my investment in brushes, styles, etc, will port over and what I should expect before I do anything... any ideas? advice? :please:/> Thanks for being there. Amy

Hi Amy!

CS3 is just fine -- no need to upgrade! :) Is it not working with your new OS? You can go to the new Elements if you prefer -- all of your brushes, shapes and digital collections will work perfectly there. MOST of your actions and styles should work, but you may find that a few actions or styles don't work, if some of the settings they use are not available in the Elements platform.

Hope this helps and if you have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

I also have a fairly old *5 years( MacBook Pro - and it won't let me upgrade to the latest OS. But that's ok for now, I will get my iMac soon( I am planning on that anyway, I may have to sell a kidney to get it). In answer about PS3 and/or Elements. I'd get the PS11, but still keep your CS3. The brushes and all your presets can easily be used in Elements as well. Like JenniferZ says, some may not work (actions) but you can always still do those layouts in PS3. Good luck and just ask for help anytime.

Hi Amy, nice to see you back at Scrap Girls. Like Jennifer said your CS3 should be fine. I too do not rush to upgrade. It is a bit like that old saying, if it ain't broke... Enjoy scrapping and if you have any more questions please ask. :)

Amy!!!!!!! So good to see you back. You should be ok using CS3, but I understand PSE11 has so many of the great features on the full PS programs, even some of the things introduced in CS5 and CS6. Almost all of your previous stuff should work.

Welcome back, you've been missed!

Amy!!!!!!! So good to see you back. You should be ok using CS3, but I understand PSE11 has so many of the great features on the full PS programs, even some of the things introduced in CS5 and CS6. Almost all of your previous stuff should work.

Welcome back, you've been missed!

Thanks so much, I have missed spending time here..

:bighug: ! I feel like a dinosaur!

Archived