Scanning Slides

Barb Eugene

I use the Epson Perfection V500 photo scanner. I have scanned literally hundreds of slides, photos and old scrapbooks, even some newsprint. The slides turned out great but I did have to work with them in Photoshop because they had turned red with age. But once "fixed up" they looked great. This Epson comes with a tray which allows you to scan more than one size of slide, as well as negatives. I use this scanner a great deal. The only problem I had was this: we had a couple of severe power outages and my scanner was fried because I didn't plug it directly into my UPS backup power supply - point to remember for all the computer peripherals :) Hope this has helped.

I, too, would love to spend an afternoon with you, April, scanning the slides. Unfortunately, the slides are located in Fort Worth, Texas, not Oregon! I have an Epson Perfection V300 Photo scanner that I've used to scan hundreds of photos. I guess I was hoping that there was an inexpensive scanner that scanned more than 4 slides at a time and that would allow me to sit and visit with my parents while scanning rather than sitting in front of a computer.

• 2 months later...

Archived