Ultimate Artist

melissamargaret

I am just starting to play with Brandy Murray's Ultimate Artist set and I've run into a snag. When I run the B&W Action, I get the message that the "make" function is not available and what I end up with when I continue anyway is a layer palette that looks just as it should except the photo mask is white rather than black. Have made sure my foreground color is white (not sure if that's relevant}. Am running PSE10 on a Mac. Hope there's some help out there as I got SO excited after watching the tutorial.

I get similar error messages like that too. I restart photoshop and try again.i had downloaded the PSE action and had it in PS... So make sure to have downloads the correct one. Also make sure the background layer is flattened. I save it flattened, and then open it up to do the action. Hope that helped! Brandy will also be willing to give you answers and suggestions as well. Let me know if you get it right.

Melissa, I was going to suggest what Andrea Rose did. Restarting Photoshop. If that doesn't work, Do you have the invert command on PSE10? If you do then just click on the mask layer (that you said was white) then try something like Image>Adjustments>Invert (that is how I do it, but I have CS so I am not sure if it is the same in PSE10). That should make your mask layer black & hide the layer. I hope someone with a MAC & PSE 9 or 10 comes along to give some advice. Let us know if anything worked for you.

Apparently what it was was that I had the blend mode on darken. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but when I put blend back on normal, I got the black mask. And was totally thrilled with what I could do then! Have been wanting to do something for my brother whose golden retriever passed recently and I think a sketch of her would be something he would like.

Thanks for your advice which I expect I'll be able to use in other ways.

I LOVE this Ultimate Artist set

Archived