MrsCropper

Html Code Showing In Comments

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what is going on with the comments on the boards? Whenever I insert an Emoticon in my comments, it shows the closing html tag - :grr:/>/>

I have tried editing the comment and removing the code, I even tried changing the font color of the code to white so it doesn't show - nothing works.

Its really just an annoyance but iit is been drving me craazy!

Yes that happened to me, too and I had to keep going in and removing them which was a pain..

I've been having that trouble too, for me it seems to be when I use firefox. If I use chrome, it doesn't usually happen.

Not sure why it's happening, but you might want to let April know. If she can't fix it, she'll probably know who can.

It only happen to me when I preview the comment before posting. I use Firefox.

I get the same thing as Monica and I also use Firefox - it's only when I preview my comment before posting. To correct it, I just delete the tags when I'm in the preview mode, then post my comment and the emoticon shows fine. Unfortunately there is no way to delete the tags when replying to a comment though. HTH :)

Yes that happened to me, too and I had to keep going in and removing them which was a pain..

I can't remove them - I have tried deleting them, even tried changing the font color to white but it doesn't work. How are you removing them?

I'm using Internet Explorer right now and I get them too.:P/> Well, I usually do..........