How Do I Insert The Photo In Buttermilk Frames Vertical

bjc

i am up early so must be tired..it is prob simple thing..but i am using vertical frame in buttermilk layered frame from this month sg club and it says place photos here but you cant clip and it doesnt seem to slip under the frame? what should i be doing to insert my photo in the layered frame

thanks for help

Well, unlike so many of the other products, there is no clipping mask layer here. I just moved a photo over the "photo here" layer, flattened it and then used the rectangle marquee tool to select the photo layer inside the frame, inverted the selection and deleted the excess part of the photo. A step or two extra, but pretty easy and quick. (This was using the PSD files.)

There is probably more than one way to do this, but this is what I did.

Placed my photo above the layer called "Place Photo Here" and got it positioned how I wanted it. Then I ctrl + clicked on the thumb nail for the layer called "Burned plastic" and got the marching ants in that shape. I then pressed shift + ctrl + I to get the inverse of the selection. Then making sure my photo is the layer selected, I pressed delete. Does that make sense.

Archived