Congratulations Cheryll Ann!

CRS

Congratulations Cheryll Ann (cherryyllaann)! Cheryll Ann was chosen by the Scrap Girls Team as the Member of the Month for March 2013! Cherryll Ann will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique and has the honor of wearing the Member of the Month blinkie!

Cheryll Ann has been a member of Scrap Girls for over a year now, and has made a huge impact on our community! Her gallery is full of layouts based on Scrap Girls challenges and swaps. She leaves thoughtful and friendly comments in the gallery. And she is currently taking on the Scrap Girls: Project Life 2013 Challenge! Thank you so much for making Scrap Girls the fun and friendly purple place that it is!

When you have some time Cheryll Ann, please tell us a little about yourself and share a link to your favorite layout! Thank you for making Scrap Girls a wonderful, friendly place! Congratulations!!

Oh my gosh! I am so honored. Be back with you shortly with a bit about me. Was so suprised to see the congratulations link I had to check quick to see for sure that it was me ;)

I am so honored to be named the March member of the Month and I look forward to helping in any way I can! Thank you Scrap Girls. Scrap Girls came to my attention in January 2012. As I recall, I was helping (doing..oops) my son's VPK project where he brought home a storybook and featured stuffed animal for the weekend. He was supposed to create a 1-page, photo-scrapped page that he was to bring back to school that Monday showing his adventures with the little toy. Instead, I actually remade the story with Dylan in the book and on adventures with the animal characters. I made the story immersion using Power Point to import photos, graphics and colored backgrounds. It was so fun I could not pull myself from the computer all weekend! The 1-page project turned into a 6 pager and the VPK Teachers loved it.

I knew right away that I wanted to be more involved in this digital process. I googled digital scrapping and found a tech review on scrapping sites and Scrap Girls was rated #1 in the list. Then I search for software, bought and downloaded PSE10 and started right away. I posted my first layouts and was amazed that members noticed my layouts, left love and encouraged me. It was such a wonderful feeling.

The members of Scrap Girls have been so generous in helping me learn and describe their new techniques. The newsletter tutorials are my favorites and I try to incorporate those ideas into my layouts. The Designers and Layout Artists are so talented and I study their work to understand and learn more. I've used what I have learned to make a book using many of the layouts I've created to give to my boys. They love looking through it and seeing themselves at all different ages. For Christmas I gave the Grandparents digital frames with many,many of my layouts so they can gaze on their boys whenever they wish. My boys have also been creating their own fun layouts which I print for them to have. I am amazed at how quickly a 7-year old can pick up File, Place, Edit, Resize....

Last year the Project 52 seemed to be overwhelming to me but this year I have taken on the challenge. I am behind a week or so because my camera, a Nikon D70 has been corrupting my SD Flash Cards. There may be a recall patch for my camera. Both loving and hating the potential idea of having to buy a new camera but have had my eye on the Nikon5100 for some time now :)

Getting the full version of Photoshop has been a goal of mine and I recently bought cloud access to CS6 and many other Adobe programs. What a great way to get access to these programs and get automatic updates. I am still in the very beginning stages of learning all that Adobe can do and I am so excited.

In my day job I am the Mom to 2 very high energy boys who keep me going from sunrise to sunset. I also help buyers and sellers follow their dreams in this crazy Florida Real Estate market. Scrapping has been my peace, my creativity and my inspiration for a year now and I am so happy if I have inspired any of you along the way.

One of my favorite layouts is Explore Your World Together. It got to the core of why I started this process, to document and record the beautiful moments of life, of childhood that moves too fast, of a life I hope to create for my family that is mostly filled with wonderful, loving snippets, some of which I will photograph and record for their reflection.

Thanks again for the honor of Member of the Month Scrap Girls!

Congratulations Cheryl Anne. A well deserved honor. I pass the crown to you with warm wishes for a wonderful month. Wear it proudly! I enjoyed your story and also would like to thank you for all the positive comments you leave on my layouts (and everyone else's).

Wow wonderful news Cheryl Ann . It's a great honour and you deserve it. Have a great month. I really enjoyed hearing more about you. Kay

Archived