Help Attaching Paper To Brush
Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:08 PM
I know how to take a solid object and put a layer of paper above it and then create a clipping mask. But I want to stamp a brush that is only a black outline and put paper inside it. For instance the ballet tutu in this stamp:http://store.scrapgirls.com/brush-set-ballet-p11048.php
When I attach a paper on top it only shows up in the black lines. If I pour the paint bucket into the center of the tutu to make it solid it fills the whole page.
How can I keep the black lines and fill the inside of the tutu with several different papers (like the top, the top layer of the skirt, the next layer of the skirt, etc.)
Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:18 PM
1. First stamp your brush image on a new blank layer
2. Place the paper you want to fill an area with on a layer below the brush layer
3. Select your Magic Wand tool and be sure contiguous is checked
4. Activate the brush layer
5. Click once inside the area you want to fill with your paper (you will see marching ants outlining the area)
6. Press Shift+Ctrl+I (Or go to Select>Inverse)
7. Activate the paper layer
8. Press Delete on your keyboard
9. Press Ctrl+D to deselect the marching ants
10. Repeat steps 2-9 for other areas you want to fill with other papers
Hope this helps.
Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:42 PM
YOU ARE WONDERFUL. Thank you Thank you. Even though I've been using this program for a couple of years I still stumble around in it. You have made my day.
Glad I was able to help!