March/april Hybrid Atc Swap

CRS

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got mine posted! I explained how I made it and, yes Angela - you were right, it was watercolor painting on the fabric, but yes - it does look like tie-dye.

Here it is - LOVE

It turned out awesome! Loved all the texture! Can't wait to get started on this next round! :bouncing-frog:

Ooookay.... Thanks Ann for the link to background information.

Soooo, have I got it right; we will be told the theme on 18th although it's likely to be hardware. We produce an ATC sized card that is a combination of digital and physical elements and then we mail it to someone on the list? I take it the card isn't folded but does it have a front and back to it?

I'm sorry if I sound a little dense but I don't think I ever seen a trading card - I blame my up-bringing in the wilds of PNG! LOL

Actually, Eden, you will be making cards for all the participants. If there are 9 of us, you will make 9 cards, send 8 to Carla, saving one for yourself. You will receive cards from everyone who participates. There are plastic sheets designed to hold these cards and you will want to send your cards in one of these. I hope you join in, the details might seem a little overwhelming , but you will catch on, and you will receive some marvelous little miniature works of art. This is the ONE swap I do not miss!

Ooookay.... Thanks Ann for the link to background information.

Soooo, have I got it right; we will be told the theme on 18th although it's likely to be hardware. We produce an ATC sized card that is a combination of digital and physical elements and then we mail it to someone on the list? I take it the card isn't folded but does it have a front and back to it?

I'm sorry if I sound a little dense but I don't think I ever seen a trading card - I blame my up-bringing in the wilds of PNG! LOL

Hi Eden! So glad you are joining our merry little group. I think Ann answered your questions pretty well ... but to cement it, here is a video Angela Blanchard made showing when she received all of our ATCs for the last swap.

Hope it helps!

Actually, Eden, you will be making cards for all the participants. If there are 9 of us, you will make 9 cards, send 8 to Carla, saving one for yourself. You will receive cards from everyone who participates. There are plastic sheets designed to hold these cards and you will want to send your cards in one of these. I hope you join in, the details might seem a little overwhelming , but you will catch on, and you will receive some marvelous little miniature works of art. This is the ONE swap I do not miss!

ME EITHER! Don't want to miss this swap and so happy you will be joining, Eden. This is a fun group and thread - sometimes I come by just for a smile....

And Ann. (Everyone??) I love that hardware idea, but can we talk it up a bit more? I'm still not quite getting it.. Except to use pieces of hardware-type things on my card? Is that it?

Any type of card, but use hardware on it?

See Eden? I feel dense too... But, you are not! :)

ME EITHER! Don't want to miss this swap and so happy you will be joining, Eden. This is a fun group and thread - sometimes I come by just for a smile....

And Ann. (Everyone??) I love that hardware idea, but can we talk it up a bit more? I'm still not quite getting it.. Except to use pieces of hardware-type things on my card? Is that it?

Any type of card, but use hardware on it?

See Eden? I feel dense too... But, you are not! :)/>

Great questions Eden...I have some of the same ones!

Thanks for the video Lei! I will watch it this afternoon! So as long as "something" on the card comes from the hardware store we are good...right? I have some thoughts of some elements to use....but not sure how it will end up!

My question is about the page protectors for the ATCs...where do you get them? (and what specifically are the called?)

I just Googled "trading card sleeves" and found lots of sources, including Office Depot. If you have a hobby shop near by, they will have them. I have also found them at Target and Walmart. I don't think we're committed to the hardware theme, yet, it is a little vague.

I just Googled "trading card sleeves" and found lots of sources, including Office Depot. If you have a hobby shop near by, they will have them. I have also found them at Target and Walmart. I don't think we're committed to the hardware theme, yet, it is a little vague.

Ann, I love the Hardware idea, just looking to hear a little dialogue for inspiration! :)

Conda, I found the baseball card sleeves in Staples... And actually a few times even in our dollar stores.

Hi ladies,

If we go with hardware the thought that came to my mind was steam punk - lol! Don't have any idea how I would actually put something together at this point and whatever we pick will work for me. I love this swap.

I found the sleeves in WalMart where the baseball card stuff is located. The baseball card sleeves are the right size and the price is right.

I've sent out PM's to everyone. Please let me know if I missed anyone! The theme is hardware. I am excited to see what your takes are on this theme! It looks like we have 11 members this round. So exciting!!

I got my baseball card sleeves at either Walmart or Target. I can't remember which. I have no idea what I'm going to do for this swap and still keep it light and flat enough to ship!

LOL off to,the hardware I go too - or perhaps I will just shop in the garage.

I do a LOT of garage shopping!! LOL poor hubby ... think he'll notice we have a few screws loose/missing??

Lei, did you find my loose screws in your garage???

LOL I did find a pair of loose screws .... I think they are scheduled to be room mates in St Louis in a few weeks!!

Lol Carla and Lei!!! We have a lot of loose screws in the garage so a few missing ones will not be noticed :)/>. My loose screws ...... now that is a different problem :)/>.

I remember my dad use to have a punch line about a "loose nut behind the steering wheel" ... hmmmm wonder why he always said that when I handed him back the car keys??

Archived