Help

Nicole1970

Hi evveryone,

Well I have been a lurker here for ages as I just don't know where to start. I really want to give digital scrapbooking a go but am so scared lol. What would be a good collection to start with. I have just given birth to a son named Rhys 5 weeks ago so think I would like to start with his pictures first.

Any help or advice on taking the plunge into this wonderful craft will be most welcome :lovey-smilie:

Nicole

Welcome, Nicole! Well, first take care of yourself and that lovely boy, and get lots of pictures! When you're ready, I recommend starting with this free E-Book: 15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook).

Subscribe the the Scrap Girls Newsletter, and start collecting the Free Daily downloads. As you start, let us know the program you're using (Photoshop Elements, etc.) and post your questions. We'll answer or point you to a good answer.

Enjoy your new baby, and again, Welcome!

Welcome, Nicole! Well, first take care of yourself and that lovely boy, and get lots of pictures! When you're ready, I recommend starting with this free E-Book: 15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook).

Subscribe the the Scrap Girls Newsletter, and start collecting the Free Daily downloads. As you start, let us know the program you're using (Photoshop Elements, etc.) and post your questions. We'll answer or point you to a good answer.

Enjoy your new baby, and again, Welcome!

Hi Barbara and thank you. I've definately got the free ebook & get the newsletter never thought about the free downloads but the newsletter sure does help with info. Will go back and re-read the ebook again and see if I can't get myself going and actually do a layout lol.

Thanks once again

Nicole

Hi Nicole :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! Barbara has given you some great advice. We have a wonderful, friendly, and very helpful group here so please don't hesitate to ask questions. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

Great advice about the Jif pages ( Just insert photo) I love them. Also there are a couple of beautiful collections in the Freebie section to start you off. Ask for any help you need. we love to help if we are able. Welcome to Scrap girls. Kay

Welcome, Nicole and congratulations on the new addition. You've got some great advice here but don't be afraid to ask questions - lots of helpful people here. Looking forward to seeing some layout of your little one.

Congratulations on a new bundle of joy! I felt the same way when it came to scrapbooking... I didn't know where to start. All the tips above are really great. The way I gained confidence was to to scrap lift. When I saws a beautiful layout I tried to do the same. I would purchase the collections and just try to replicate. I still consider myself creatively challenged.

Welcome to the forum! We're so glad you joined in. Many of us lurked for a long time before joining in.

Do remember there are no scrapping police - and it's supposed to be fun. When you look at your layouts years from now, it won't matter if you included a trend or not. What will matter is if you remember the feelings and emotions.

So enjoy your precious new one, and capture the memories while they are fresh.

:)

Thanks so much for the welcomes, the congratulations & the great advice. It has certainly given me something to think about. I look forward to getting to know you all & hopefully taking the plunge and actually accomplishing some layouts in the near future:-)

Nicole

I'll add my welcome too, Nicole. I think the starter advice has pretty well been covered. I would add though, just have fun with it. Don't put pressure on yourself to "produce" pages or albums. Digi-scrapping is fun!! Love that little bundle of joy and I think the motivation to scrap his life will come from that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived