moving memories

Making Elements And Type Blend Into Other Objects

12 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me figure out how to make type and elements look like they're taking on the shape of another object in PSE? For example, I"m currently working on a layout where I"m trying to make several objects and some type look like they're sitting inside a seashell(clam shell). I've tried the blending modes- all they do is change the color/visability of the objects, and I've played with the distorting filters a bit- but can't see a difference when I hit "OK".

oooo excellent question! Someone will have a great answer and I for one will be looking forward to learning something new!

Do you have a perspective tool? Kind of stretch the corners of the text so they are larger than the center? Would that work?

Also, depending on the software you have, you could try the Warp tool, it's under the Transform menu in Photoshop. Not too sure if it's the same in Elements.

not exactly sure what you are trying to do but would a clipping mask be helpful?

I think warp must be what photoshop calls it. Looking forward to seeing your final result.

I think if you can warp your elements and then use a mask to erase the parts that wouldn't be seen because they are "in" the shell, that would produce a potentially realistic effect. I am not sure if Elements has either of those cababilities.

In full versions of PS, "Warp" can be found under EDIT>TRANSFORM>WARP. You can get a layer mask by choosing the layer mask icon in the layers palette, it's a little box with a circle in it.

Looking forward to seeing your creation!

thanks for the suggestions- I can't find transform or warp in PSE. :( and a clipping msk doens't help -already tried that. )

thanks for the suggestions- I can't find transform or warp in PSE. :(/>/> and a clipping msk doens't help -already tried that. )

I'm not sure if this is any help, but in PSE 9 and PSE 11 the transform menu is found under Image>Transform and there is a text warp function under Layer>Type>Warp Text