Upgrade Personal To Commercial?

There are some wonderful "mainstays" in my collection that some time in the future I might like to use more broadly than the personal use terms allow. So I was wondering if ScrapGirls offers a special price to "upgrade" supplies from personal use to commercial use rather than having to re-purchase them.

What a great question and interesting idea! I wouldn't mind "upgrading" a few of my collections too.......guess we'll have to wait and see what the word is on this one though - I don't think we have anything like this available to us right now though.

I've asked this question, and unfortunately the answer is no. They'd have to figure out whether or not you paid a sale price toward the upgrade price, and then whether or not THAT's on sale, etc, and it's very complicated. Periodically, SG has great sales on Commercial use products--I'd take advantage of those!

I've asked that before too. Basically, you're paying for the license, more than the product with commercial use products. I use sales to buy as much commercial use as I can. There are some things I know I'd never use except for personal use, so those are ok, but my favorites and many SS products are so great for commercial use.

Thanks for your responses everyone and hak you Barbara for asking.

I'm hearing that it's difficult but not impossible to work out what would be a fair price for designer. My thoughts are that it shouldn't matter how the original item was purchased (on sale or not). There could be a standard rate to upgrade that could take into consideration the possibility that the purchser may not have paid full price. There would be no need to check if the purchaser had already bought the item for personal use because there would be no downloads involved in the transaction.

I'm holding onto the hope that our amazing Scrap Girls can work out a way! In the meantime I will do as you have suggested and use the Commercial sales to double up on those items that I absolutely love.

Thank you all.

I'm sorry, we don't have an upgrade policy. The main reason is not the original purchase price of the item, but the fact that we have no way to keep track of the upgrades, besides manually. And with the number of new orders and possible number of older items wanting to be upgraded, i'm sure you can imagine what a logistic nightmare that could be.

As Sandi pointed out, a great time to do upgrades, if you have items you'd like to do this with, is during the commercial license sale.

I hope this helps

Archived