Ps Cs6 Exteded Trial

SandiC.

I have PS CS6 and somehow an adobe cloud marketing trial of CS6 Extended got added on to my version. That trial ended and now I can't open CS6. I just got done with a chat with Adobe customer service rep....he doesn't know anything about it and I need to check back on Monday. Arrrrrrrrrrrgh! I had plans for some projects tomorrow, including something I need for church Sunday morning. I can live without it, I have CS5 on my desktop and I could download and install CS6 on the desktop, but it irritated the daylights out of me at the close of our "sorry I can't help you" conversation that a canned "we're available 24/7" message came up. I'm going to sleep on it tonight, but i think in the morning I'll uninstall and reinstall and see if that takes care of the problem. Its the principle of it more than the actual problem. It will get worked out and I can work around it. Just had to vent to someone(s) who understand this sort of hassle. Thanks for understanding ears.

I hear you, Sandi! That kind of stuff makes me so mad, and I would stew all night about it. It always happens on Friday or too late to get anything done. It's good that you have another copy you can use, anyhow.:angry:/>

Oh, Sandi, that would upset me too! Adobe is usually much better at helping us! What an aggravation!

Breathe, Breathe, Breathe - there isn't much else you can do but what you said - uninstall and reinstall.....so sorry you're having to do all of this. These companies have us right where they want us sometimes I think.

Hugs -

I've made my peace with using Photoshop, but not with Adobe support. You could do a "System Restore" back to before you installed the extended trial. You'd have to re-download other updates, but that's not too bad. It doesn't hurt your personal files at all. I've had good success with it for other tasks.

Whoops, just remembered you may be on a Mac. Don't know if they have an equivalent to System Restore. ?

I've made my peace with using Photoshop, but not with Adobe support. You could do a "System Restore" back to before you installed the extended trial. You'd have to re-download other updates, but that's not too bad. It doesn't hurt your personal files at all. I've had good success with it for other tasks.

Whoops, just remembered you may be on a Mac. Don't know if they have an equivalent to System Restore. ?

There is something like that, but I don't really know when the trial appeared. And I think it would be easier to just uninstall and reinstall PS. Since I have the other computer to work with over the weekend I think I'll just wait and try to deal with Adobe again on Monday. Angie could really give them customer service lessons. The rep I got was polite, but didn't seem to know as much about PS as I did. LOL. That's sad.

Archived