Pse11

Belle

Here my questions start:

How do you link and unlink?

How do you get a paper from the photo bin onto the workspace?

How do you get a template on the workspace?

I don't know if I'm liking this PSE 11 so far.

Belle, hope I can answer some of your questions.

-To link layers, just highlight the layers you want to link (either by holding key down and clicking on the layers if they are adjacent to on another, or holding the control key down and clicking if they are not adjacent). Then right click on one of the highlighted layers and a menu will pop up. Click on Link Layers.

-To unlink, you highlight the layers again, right click, and this time the menu will have Unlink Layers as a choice. Just click on it.

-To get a paper from the photo bin - if you just want to look at the paper in the workspace just double click on it in the photo bin and it will appear in the workspace. If you want it to be on a layout, create a new document to get started, then you can just drag anything from the photo bin onto the layout in the workspace by left clicking on it and dragging it onto your layout. You then usually have to reposition whatever you drag onto the layout.

-To get a layered template onto a layout in the workspace is a little trickier, and I just learned how to do it myself, so I hope I don't confuse you. If you drag a template straight from the photo bin onto a layout, it will just be a single layer on the layout and the individual layers of the template will not show up, so this is what I just learned to do:

-Create a new document (layout) and import the template you want to use.

-Now, your documents in the photo bins have to be in individual floating windows. To do this go to Edit/Preferences/General and check the little box that says Allow Floating Documents in Expert Mode and click ok. then go to Window/Images/Float in Window. In the workspace you should now see your original blank document in it's own window; and the template.

-Click on the template so that the template layers are visible in the layers palette (over to the right)

-Highlight ALL of the layers of the template in the layers pallette (by clicking on top layer, holding down shift key and clicking on bottom layer)

-Then left click on one of the highlighted layers in the layers palette and drag them all over to the layout. You can also click on the template itself and click on the move tool and move the layers over to the layout that way.

-Then you can close the template so you don't get confused between the template and the layout.

Hope this hasn't been too confusing. If you don't understand this, I am sure someone else can make it clearer than me.

Good luck. You will love PSE 11 when you get the hang of it. YOu can do incredible things with it!

Karen, thank you, I understand perfectly. You explInation is spot on. I'v sort of done the Saturday color challenge but the grands are spending the night and Nikki is FULL of beans tonight.. Will finish tomorrow. Much appreciated. The next thing will be Scripts.. I don't even know what that is. I always used Add-O-Matic. I must admit, I like the way you add Styles Nd actions in PSE 11. Just took an age to do it one by one.

Glad I could help. I don't know what Scripts are either, just that they makes things go quicker. Just heard about them recently and haven't had time to investigate. When You find out let me know. Have fun with the grandkids!

Archived