Monday March 11Th

Nica

Good Morning, Everyone!

This week is a very special week in the world of Scouting. From the Girl Scout Website:

Girl Scout Birthday, March 12, commemorates the day in 1912 when Juliette Gordon Low officially registered the organization's first 18 girl members in Savannah, Georgia.

Girl Scout Week is celebrated each March, starting with Girl Scout Sunday and ending with Girl Scout Sabbath on a Saturday, and it always includes the Girl Scout Birthday, March 12.

Girl Scout Sunday and Girl Scout Sabbath give girls an opportunity to attend their place of worship and be recognized as a Girl Scout. If a place of worship is the group sponsor, girls may perform a service, such as greeting, ushering, or doing a flag ceremony. These days can also be a time when girls explore other faiths.

For today's challenge, I'd like you to scrap something related to scouting. For me, Girl Scouts are a little hard to come by, so I scrapped my son, the Boy Scout. You could scrap any similar club, like Camp Fire Girls, etc. Or maybe just someone in uniform.

Post your layouts in the General Message Board Challenges Gallery.

Glad you're enjoying the challenge! Yes, Betty, my mom was a Camp Fire Girl. :) April, I'm totally heading your way. With boys, I don't know any Girl Scouts, so cookies are hard to come by. I have tons of popcorn and candy bars, though! :D

Archived