Question About Pocket Life

momvetkat

I posted this question in a previous thread and it was never answered - then I noticed the thread was locked (why do they lock threads anyway?). So I still would like to understand this; I will repost my original question:

I have a somewhat new question about Pocket Life. I recently bought some items in the boutique and got a March Pocket Life as a freebie-- I don't get it - are there special page

protectors that you put the various photos and embellishments in? If so, where do you purchase them? I really wanted to do the yearlong challenge (forget what it's called) this year but didn't start because 1) I don't think I have the time to do such a page each week and 2) as empty nesters, we don't have that much going on - work, rest from work. Oh and 3) I'm not a very good photographer. But the Pocket Life concept intrigues me... please explain!

Hi Kathy

It's late here on the east coast and I'm half asleep but I will see if I can find you an answer about Pocket Life tomorrow.

About Project 52 which is the year long project, I can tell you I did it last year and ended up taking photos of ordinary everyday things. It was fun, but you don't have to do weekly pages, you can opt to do monthly or even bimonthly ones. Whatever works best for you.

There will be a Project LIFE chat on Monday March 18 at 8 pm ET. If you were able to come all your questions could be answered and chats are lots of fun and a great way to get info and meet each other. Hope to see you there but in the meantime hopefully someone else will come along to answer your pocket life question or I'll check back tomorrow to see what I can find out.

Good night!

Hi Kathy,

In addition to the information Marilyn (MariJ) gave you, there is a thread here: Project Life 2013 with more Project Life details. As Marilyn mentioned, you don't have to complete a layout each week.

Pocket Life products may be used in either digital layouts or they may be printed out and used in hybrid layouts. How you use the products is up to you.

Here are two tutorials that may be helpful: January 2013 Pocket Life Tutorial and February Journal Card Kit Tutorial

Here is a link to the Pocket Life section of the Boutique: Pocket Life. Click on a product image to see sample layouts showing how the products were used. HTH :)

A side comment to the tutorials, I'm not a hybrid person, though I'm trying, so I don't have the supplies needed to do the fancy stuff. Most of the time, I just print out the cards and use them as is. Sometimes, I add a bit digitally, kind of like a tiny layout. Here are some examples from my Project Life (note that I do a 2-page spread each month): December 1, December 2, January 1, January 2, February 1, February 2. All of the layouts you see were printed through Shutterfly as 4x6 photos. Then I cut them out and put them in page protectors that I ordered online. You can buy the page protectors at stores like Jo-Ann's or Michael's, too. Like Marilyn said, keep asking questions until you understand, we don't mind.

Everyone is right - that is - you may use the Pocket Life products however you wish. Print them and use them with traditional 3-dimensional supplies, use them on all digi pages, or go hybrid and do the layout/card digitally, then print and add 3-dimensional accents like paper flowers, ribbons, etc etc. You can use the Pocket Life cards on "regular" layouts or purchase the digi supplies that look like a traditional 3-D page protector/page. The link to the section is above in Teecee's post! :)

Above all, have fun with it - our hobbies are never supposed to be a chore, so if the Project 52/365 isn't your thing, that's ok too - or change the "rules" to fit whatever IS your thing;)

Thanks so much for all the info. I think I get it now. I'm also not interested in the hybrid concept (phasing out my paper scrapping completely) but I do like to print my layouts and put them in books for people to enjoy. I would like to do the year-long challenge because I think it is a way of preserving history but I think I better start taking more pictures! Thanks again :)

Archived