Anyone From Northern California Bay Area?

I am new to Digital Scrapbooking and feeling very overwhelmed. I am also new to the online venue for education and have been trying to find workshops and/or live classroom options where I could go to and get immersed for a few days and see how to see how to organize and begin the process......Old fashioned I know! Those who didn't grow up with cell phones and laptops can probably relate!

In the meantime I will keep plugging away online and hope to get around the learning curve soon!!

Sharon

Hi Sharon and welcome to ScrapGirls. There are many kind and helpful people here you will find so just ask away.

First of all, you might want to look at this page of free products offered by ScrapGIrls.

http://store.scrapgirls.com/c21.php

There are a few basic books to get you started and even a free collection to work with and try out.

Can you tell us what program you are working in? Many scrappers here use some form of PhotoShop or PhotoShop Elements so if we know what you have it is easier to help.

Once you get a basic idea, there are videos sold in the Boutique that take you step by step in how to learn Digital scrapping, but you would need to know your program in order to know which to get.

I hope this makes you feel a bit less overwhelmed. Like I said, keep asking. I'm sure others will come along to add to what I've said.

Good luck and welcome again!

Hello Sharon, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! Marilyn (MariJ) has given you some good advice. I'm sure you'll find that we have a lot of friendly and very helpful people here, so don't hesitate to ask questions. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums. :)

Just wanted to add my welcome as well. Do check out the free suggestions that Marilyn gave you and the videos that she referred to for purchase are fantastic. Most of us started out with them. Lots of friendly, helpful people around at all hours, so ask away and keep asking until you understand; we really don't mind. :)

I do understand the overwhelmed feeling. But gather your courage & jump in - the free book and the videos are a great place to start. And don't be afraid to ask questions here, there are lots of friendly people. I look forward to seeing you around the forums and gallery.

Archived