Photo Masks

countrydi

I'm sorry but I'm having a complete blank moment here. I'm using Valerie Randall's Jif 6 A Fresh Start page. I don't know if she is here or not but I couldn't find the product in the boutique to post a link here. But it has a photo mask to be used and I am drawing a blank on using photo masks....I'm embarrassed to say. I have searched the university and couldn't find any help but I'm not too good at searching either. Any tuts or info how-to's on photo masks?

I am using PSE 11 (just learning it)

TIA

Hi Di

It's late for me and I just finished shoveling those 3 inches of snow we talked about and it was actually more like four, so please excuse me if I don't answer what you're asking.

What I would do is place the photo over the mask, select/activate the photo in your layers panel and hit "control G" (please forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm on a Mac and it's command G, I think it's control on Windows?).

I hope that is a bit of help for now until someone else comes along. Nice chatting with you tonight, good night.

I'm sorry but I'm having a complete blank moment here. I'm using Valerie Randall's Jif 6 A Fresh Start page. I don't know if she is here or not but I couldn't find the product in the boutique to post a link here. But it has a photo mask to be used and I am drawing a blank on using photo masks....I'm embarrassed to say. I have searched the university and couldn't find any help but I'm not too good at searching either. Any tuts or info how-to's on photo masks?

I am using PSE 11 (just learning it)

TIA

Hi Di. Valerie Randall is no longer with Scrap Girls so her products are no longer available in the boutique. To use the photo mask, you want to place your photo on the layer immediately above the mask, you may need to re-size the photo so it is slightly larger than the mask, then either press Ctrl+G, or go to Layer>Create Clipping Mask. HTH :)

I find it helpful to start with the photomask over the photo to get a feel for size and placing. Then I move the photomask layer under the photo. After you've done the clipping step, you can nudge the mask around if it's off just a bit. Be sure you have the right layer active, though. I miss this part a lot...

Archived