Thursday Challenge 3-21-13

teecee

Happy Thursday everyone!! For today’s challenge I would like you to create a layout using some brushes. Did you notice I didn’t say a brush – I said some brushes. I’d like to see a minimum of two brushes on your pages and of course you are free to use more than that if you would like to. As a matter of fact, you may make more than one layout if you wish, but please include at least two brushes on each one. I can’t wait to see some beautiful brush work! Have fun!! :D

Please post your layouts to the General Message Board Challenges gallery.

My layout, which is made entirely of brushes (and a photo of course) is here: Believe in Miracles

I created the background paper with brushes as well as using brushes for the photo frame, word art/title, my signature and even the date.

Sounds like a fun challenge, Theresa, but I just don't use brushes too often - mainly because I've just never quite been able to figure out how to do it! :disappearing-smilie: There! I've told something embarrassing about myself! I have a couple I like to use, but the rest...........have me stymied!

I'll think about it and see if I can give it a try!

Sounds like a fun challenge, Theresa, but I just don't use brushes too often - mainly because I've just never quite been able to figure out how to do it! :disappearing-smilie:/>/> There! I've told something embarrassing about myself! I have a couple I like to use, but the rest...........have me stymied!

Hi Sara. Here is a University tutorial that may be helpful to you: All About Digital Scrapbooking Brushes in Photoshop

Also, there are several other brush tutorials here: Digital Scrapbooking with Brushes

HTH :)

I have been wanting to scrap this sunset on an unusually calm Lake Superior for sometime now, but just haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for the challenge, Theresa, that finally got it out of the file and onto a page!!

Superior Calm at Sunset

Sounds like a fun challenge, Theresa, but I just don't use brushes too often - mainly because I've just never quite been able to figure out how to do it! :disappearing-smilie:/>/>/> There! I've told something embarrassing about myself! I have a couple I like to use, but the rest...........have me stymied!

Hi Sara. Here is a University tutorial that may be helpful to you: All About Digital Scrapbooking Brushes in Photoshop

Also, there are several other brush tutorials here: Digital Scrapbooking with Brushes

HTH :)/>

Thank you, Theresa! I appreciate that so much! I've wanted to use brushes so much but have never gotten the hang of it - I will look into the tuts and give my hand a try at it. You are always so helpful!

Archived