Kindle Fire Hd

jenrou

I've got a Kindle Fire Hd trying it out for 30 days. So far I've managed to get on SG and sign in, but it is too awkward to read or use. (7") It looks good, but so far hasn't accepted my email acct, although it accepted my WiFi. No books yet. I need to go online and see what I really can do with it. I'd like to be able to borrow the digital books from the library.

Is it better to shop with a gift card at Amazob books or let them keep a credit card. I don't really like leaving a credit card.

Anyone have any experience with this reader? any suggestions to help me make up my mind. They aren't cheap so I need to decide if this will suit me.

I don't have a Fire, just a touch and I LOVE it! I belong to several groups on facebooks that post when they find free books (all through Amazon) so I have a large collection of those. And lots of them that .99 to under $3.

The 1click feature of Amazon to me is way to dangerous. That's where you can leave your credit card and just click a button and buy the book. And I only say dangerous in the meaning of it makes it WAY to easy to buy the book. When you don't have to do anything but click a button...you almost feel like your not spending the $

One thing I really like is on Amazon you can send yourself a sample of the book. I've found it's usually the first couple of chapters that it sends. It's a great way to try reading it and see if you might really like it or not.

Have fun with it!

I have a Kindle Fire and the regular Kindle. The Kindle is more like reading a book, the Fire is like reading off the computer because it is backlit. I read a pre-caution that reading on the Fire too long before bed can mess with your sleep because of the screen brightness. I don't have a laptop, so I love that I can take my Fire into the front room and read or cruise through the internet while the family is watching TV.

My library has an e-book lending program. Between that and the free books on Amazon I hardly ever pay for books anymore. Angie is right, though, that one-click purchase button is dangerous!!!

I have a Kindle Fire and the regular Kindle. The Kindle is more like reading a book, the Fire is like reading off the computer because it is backlit. I read a pre-caution that reading on the Fire too long before bed can mess with your sleep because of the screen brightness. I don't have a laptop, so I love that I can take my Fire into the front room and read or cruise through the internet while the family is watching TV.

My library has an e-book lending program. Between that and the free books on Amazon I hardly ever pay for books anymore. Angie is right, though, that one-click purchase button is dangerous!!!

My library also has that program. How do you do it? (love your siggie.)

I was going to buy a Kindle Fire as an upgrade to my Kindle, but opted for an iPad instead...absolutely NO regrets! I love reading on my iPad! And it does so much more. If you have a Kindle, you are bound to Amazon, or the Kindle books your library might offer. With an iPad, you have access to all formats, and a lot more.

I've had the 2nd generation kindle and it really is easier to read than the fire (my current kindle). I do like the fire for reference books and books with illustrations. It is easier to navigate. I also have an iPad and that is more useful for browsing and doing actual work. I use it during meetings and type notes. I could live without either one, but like them both, except when I forget to plug in to recharge. I have left my credit card number with Amazon for several years now. And like Angie I have to turn off the 1 click feature....way too much temptation. I buy a lot more than books from Amazon.

You already got all the suggestions I was going to give you. I have left my card on Amazon for the 1 touch and haven't had any problem. It is too easy to buy a book though. Have fun with it. I have the regular Kindle and my mom has the paperwhite. Both are great for her and my dad as they can enlarge the type.

Karen

Well girls, I've always been a techs freak, but I just don't really like the Kindle Fire HD. It is hard for me to read, and too many commercials and popups. So if I get a reader it will be a simple one or spend a little more and get an IPad. I'm sending it back right away. Thanks for your feedback. Probably most of you are used to using a cell phone a lot and doing stuff on it, but I'm lucky if I remember to turn mine own.:lol:/>

Archived