Saturday Color Challenge: 3/23/13

MariJ

This past week the seasons changed in the USA and although you can't tell by the snow and frigid temperatures around here, it's now Spring, while in other parts of the world, Autumn has begun.

I went to www.design-seeds.com and spent a while looking through some beautiful seasonal photographs and found these two surprisingly similar color palettes for SPRING ("Tulip Hues") and AUTUMN ("Autumn Glow").

So today I challenge you to use pink, orange, green and beige/tan in your layout.

Post your completed layout in the Saturday Color Challenge Gallery,

Have fun and I can't wait to see what you create using this color scheme!

post-19549-0-01016700-1364004126_thumb.jpg post-19549-0-30955800-1364004176_thumb.jpg

Here's my layout -- PEACE ROSE

Wonderful color choices, Marilyn and you layout is outstanding and just simply beautiful! Love the simplicity of it that lets that beautiful flower take center stage - the little ribbon just adds the perfect touch!

Loved Marilyn's layout of the Peace (I have one too!) so I hope it isn't copying but I did roses too. My Joseph's Coats are orange and pink so I though they would be perfect. Struggled a lot with this layout though. [Joseph'sCoat

Oh, I LOVE your layout Kathy - it's really so pretty and shows no sign of struggle. :) Your flowers are beautiful and yes, so perfect for today's challenge.

I'm so far behind in my challenges - life is so busy right now but I'm dying to use this color scheme and I'll try and find some time to work on it this weekend - Rich is working tonight so I should have a little time to myself.

I wonder why I can't see the attachments? Was it just a Saturday thing? I've always liked pink and orange together - they're sunset colors to me. Maybe I'll just wing it! :)

I don't know if I'm having a 'blond moment' or what but I can't seem to open the link to you colour pallett or is it just pink, orange, green beige/tan :)

Its autumn here but summer is certainly still here as its been just beautiful :)

I don't know if I'm having a 'blond moment' or what but I can't seem to open the link to you colour pallett or is it just pink, orange, green beige/tan :)

Its autumn here but summer is certainly still here as its been just beautiful :)

Hi Jane

I'm so sorry - I don't know what happened the color photos were there yesterday! Must have been gremlins around, but I've fixed it now.

Awfully sorry you couldn't see them, but yes that is the colors.

Oh yay! It wasn't just me that couldn't see the swatches! Luckily for me tho, Marilyn was organised enough to have included the names of the colours too so I could still get planning, thank you!!!

Here is my interpretation of the gorgeous colours we were given! Glad we have another week of Marilyn's selections lol...

Archived