Pop Up Templates

scrapper59

I am very new to digital scrapbooking and can't figure out how to put a photo on Brandy Murry's pop up template. I use PSE 11, but up until now have only done photo editing with it. After discovering this website I have decided to try the digital route for some of my pages. The pages all of you do are absolutely beautiful! I have tried the tutorials for the pop ups and can master changing the paper...just can't get the photo part. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I used PSE 10 in creating a layout with this template series. The way I clipped my photo to the pop up template was by placing my photo into the layout, then moving the photo layer (in the layers pallet) just above the gray template (the shadow layer is also gray but is more transparent and will be below the gray tempate layer). Once your photo is just above the gray template layer you must clip it to the template. In PSE 10 that action is Control G on a PC. That action creates a clipping mask and essentially attaches the photo to the template. If you are on the photo layer, you can still move your photo around the template using the move action. I hope the linking process is similar in PSE 11. If the "Control G" action does not work try going to your menu, under Layers there are the options for creating a Clipping Mask in PSE 10. Hope this helps.

Archived