Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
notsosavvy

Ms Word

9 posts in this topic

On another computer I have XP and MS Word. I like doing scrapbook graphics and such in Word.I can alter them,move them put them is a text box etc. I cannot do the same things in Libre Office or Open Office. Is there a MS Word that will still do this and be compatible with Windows 7?

I haven't made scrap book pages in Microsoft Word, but I have windows7 and I can manipulate photos and clip art in Microsoft Office/Word 2010. What in particular are you trying to do?

I don't make "pages"I do that in elements 7. I use word for just doing graphics. Like I make Easter name tags, or I'll put graphics in a text box and cut them out to use on a page. I still paper scrap more than digital.It is easier and faster(for me) than doing it in Elements. So Word 2010 is good in Windows 7?

MS Word 2007 - 2010 works fine for me with Win7.

I didn't even realize you could use W7 for any of that to begin with....

Thank you all. Now before I haul off and buy 07,just to be clear,I will be able to not only write letters and research papers,but can make text boxes and put in graphics and change them or double stack text titles and so forth??

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

I do my class newsletter in Word and use graphics in the title. You can put graphics and titles anywhere on a page and you can resize and drag them as well. If you want to try it out, try the public library in your neighborhood. They probably have MS Office on their public computers.

Here's a sample title I made in Word 2010 with Win7. You can click on it to enlarge it and see more detail.

I did not create the egg graphics there, but I was able to manipulate them the way I wanted.

Hope that helps.