Photo

Complete Newbie Who Has Lots Of Questions.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ariez Moon

Ariez Moon

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Geez, I don't even know where to start. I want to learn how to create and possibly sell kits, and or give freebies of kits and I have tried to learn about TOU's but the more I read the more confused I get!!! I have purchased scrap kits, and downloaded freebies to use in signature tags, knowing that I cannot claim them or sell things I make with them and such so that is not the issue.

BUT

I have started purchasing stuff like scripts, actions, styles, and all kinds of stuff to start making my own kits, and by reading the creators TOU's, here is where all my confusion starts!!!

For example, I purchased a script the makes... a bow... in the terms of use from a creator it says that I can use this scripts to make kits and it includes freebies under what you may do with this script but, in the you may not section it states that I cannot offer it in a freebie kit.....

I am not understanding any of it!!!! I guess, before I even start making kits, I need to learn all of these terms. Is there a dictionary for dummies?? LOL
]

#2 angleigh

angleigh

Customer Service Extraordinare

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Unfortantley, you will find that most stores/designers all have their own sets of rules of what you can/can't do with their commercial product. There is no "one set rule" that everyone follows. The best thing to do is, if you have any questions, before you make your purchase, contact that designer/store and ask them any specific questions you may have. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users