MariJ

Saturday Color Challenge: 3/30/13

15 posts in this topic

I can't believe it's the last week of March! Seems like only yesterday I was posting its first color challenge and here I am at week five and almost into April! To finish off the month I thought how March is said to "come in like a lion and out like a lamb". But, since this year seemed to be all lion weather-wise, I found this beautiful lion photo at www.design-seeds.com and decided to end March with a bang!

So, your challenge this week is to use shades of browns, tans, grays -- a monotone layout.

OH NO, you say!!!?? Well, I did too when I started my page so here are a few other possibilities if you get frustrated with using only brown:

--Use only browns, tans & grays in a monotone page -or-

--Turn your photo to sepia and use a bit of soft pastel color with it -or-

--Use a color photo with a brown background and embellishments.

post-19549-0-25601500-1364609975_thumb.jpg

Post your completed layout in the Saturday Color Challenge Gallery HERE .

Have fun and I can't wait to see what you create using this color scheme.

And, thanks so much for all the colorful scrapping support during my first challenge month! :)

Here's my layout. Baby Bunny

jode will be along soon with a totally brown page.

(Actually she is so quick her links are below!)

My Swap Crop layout fits those colours perfectly, not sure I have time to do another.

"Jode will be along soon with a totally brown page" you made me laugh Marilyn, it's true though

Good morning all!! I offered to do a few monochromatic pages for Marilyn using the browns and greys she gave us this week to help out, she liked a bit of colour and I liked Monochromatic - you choose whichever you prefer and post for us all to see!

Wow, Jody, you are quick!! And you turn out gorgeous pages at that fast pace, too. B)

Great colors, Marilyn! I love brown and gray, so will get a layout together later. Since it is morning here, right now I'm sipping my (brown)coffee and getting inspired.

Ok.. finished! I really enjoyed working with these colors. Thanks for a fun challenge! Here's my layout: Rome

And, Melanie, I see you used the same collection for your beautiful siggie. How cool!

Wow, everyone is creating such gorgeous layouts and appear to have lots less trouble than I did with this challenge! :hit-head-with-hammer:

Here is my layout at last. Beautiful The Brandy Murray Shabby Blanc collection is just perfect for this challenge.

Here is my layout at last. Beautiful The Brandy Murray Shabby Blanc collection is just perfect for this challenge.

You're right - it IS Belle! Your layout is gorgeous and your new Siggie is hilarious and made me smile. :D