Silhouette Cutting Files

mhm45

I'm not sure where to post this but I'll start here! I have just purchased a Silhouette Portrait (electronic die cutter). I am trying to figure things out but one aspect is REALLY puzzling me. I can open a file, let's just say it is a Studio file (for the Silhouette) and it opens in full colour (let's say it's a red heart to keep it simple). When I tell the machine to cut, it does so, but the result is always just the outline of the item, no colour. How do I get a cutting where the outcome is the full colour of the original?

I'm not sure where to post this but I'll start here! I have just purchased a Silhouette Portrait (electronic die cutter). I am trying to figure things out but one aspect is REALLY puzzling me. I can open a file, let's just say it is a Studio file (for the Silhouette) and it opens in full colour (let's say it's a red heart to keep it simple). When I tell the machine to cut, it does so, but the result is always just the outline of the item, no colour. How do I get a cutting where the outcome is the full colour of the original?

You need to send the file to your printer first. Be sure to print the registration marks. Then load the printed paper into your silhouette and it will cut on the lines. I wrote a little tutorial for how to do this.

Print and Cut Digital Elements with the Silhouette

If you're printing a studio file that you got from the silhouette store, you won't need to do the trace part, but the printing is the same.

You need to send the file to your printer first. Be sure to print the registration marks. Then load the printed paper into your silhouette and it will cut on the lines. I wrote a little tutorial for how to do this.

Print and Cut Digital Elements with the Silhouette

If you're printing a studio file that you got from the silhouette store, you won't need to do the trace part, but the printing is the same.

Thank you so much. I think I can follow this! I will try later and see what happens.

Are ther any more tutorials for Silhouette Cutting Files?

Archived