Saving Purchases

Nicole1970

Hi there,

I am getting ready to make my first purchase of DS Supplies but don't really want them on my computer's hard drive (cause they will majorly slow my computer down) is there a way to save them to say external hard drive and can I make new folders within my external hard drive (ie: Collections, Alphas etc etc) if I can how would I unzip them. Or am I best to just download to computer hard drive then save to external hard drive & CD?

Thanks in advance

Nicole

I download directly to my EHD. I have no trouble unzipping them and creating folders on the EHD. You can unzip through Windows, but if you have a large number of files, you'd probably appreciate Extract Now, a free program that does it quickly. Enjoy playing with your new goodies!

Welcome to ScrapGirls!!

I download to my laptop's download folder. Then I unzip the files (using Extract Now) to my "unzip" folder. Then I copy them from there to their folders on my ehd. That's my "system"...everyone does it differently. I do believe most people store their supplies on their ehd!

Good luck!

Here's how I would do it:

~Put Extract Now on your computer's internal hard drive.

~Download your SG files to whatever drive and folder you choose -- you will get this option when you click the DL link and select "Save As." Here you can direct the location of the download.

~Pull your zip files into Extract Now and click "Extract." Extract Now's default is to unzip your files to the folder and drive that your zips are already in.

~Do some kind of back-up -- burn to a disc, sync with another EHD, etc.

~Delete your zip files.

HTH!!

I've noticed a bit of improvement in the performance of my computer since I moved all my stuff (everything - photos, digiscrap supplies, and documents) from my internal to my external drive.

~Download your SG files to whatever drive and folder you choose -- you will get this option when you click the DL link and select "Save As." Here you can direct the location of the download.

~Pull your zip files into Extract Now and click "Extract." Extract Now's default is to unzip your files to the folder and drive that your zips are already in.

~Delete your zip files.

HTH!!

^^That's what I do. I save all my files to my EHD and use Extract Now to unzip them all quickly.

I also keep my zip files on a different EHD as a method of backup. There have been some instances where I needed to go back and unzip some of the files, since I accidentally saved over the original versions or they became corrupted.

~Delete your zip files.

HTH!!

I keep my zip files on my ehd too!

Archived