Windows 7 And Tools/actions

So a few years ago, I purchased MRE tools/actions and installed them correctly as I did a long time ago. I had reformatted my pc and installed Windows 7. I placed the tools/actions just as I had before, made sure I could view hidden files and followed the path to the folders to copy/paste. I did this all from my External drive. Does this no longer work for Windows 7? I am using PSE 6 still. I'm frustrated. LOL Going to go restart my pc and hope they magically appear in my PSE. I know it's been ages since I last posted in the forums but hope everyone is doing well!!!

Amanda Panda :)

After you pasted the tools/actions files in the PSE folders, you might need to force PSE to rebuild the database. In those Adobe PSE folders, you should see another folder called "locale. " Open that, then the subfolder "en_us." In this folder you'll see a file called MediaDatabase.db3.... delete it. I also delete the ThumbsDatabase.db3 file from the PSE folder. Then next time you open PSE, it should tell you that it's rebuilding the database. It might take a while. But everything should be there.

Hope that helps!

Archived