Thursday Challenge

tinkerbell11

I am always seeing new ideas in our NL and gallery that members have used in layouts, I have a whole folder saved of things I want to try so let's try something new today. Use a tip, trick or technique on a layout that you have been meaning to try and show us how it turns out!!!

hmmmmmm I need to look through my scrap stuff to see what I can come up with. In the meanwhile this is my SIL Ryan that I did over the weekend. I used Brandy's blending and silhoette action. Oh, and the red I used was a photo I took of a part of an old rusty red truck. I was surprised that it actually worked.

I created this page for the HNC but I happened to have a go at using a shadows technique that I came across when I was searching for something else I wanted to know about shadows. The technique was to create two 'levels' of shadow to an item - for example where my tabs are fixed to the side of the photo they are close to the photo but then they stick out over the background, from which they are much further away - hence creating two levels of shadow. Hope that makes sense! I enjoyed trying out the new technique.

All Boy

Easter Kitties Left

Easter Kitties Right

I posted an earlier version of Juno's layout, but wanted to rework it to make it match the one I was working on for my other girls. I was inspired by two different Jiffy layouts, and combined elements of both of them. I used blending modes to combine the two background papers, and used Brandy Murry's megalift shadows give all the mattes a lift. Viola! Easter Kitties!

Thanks for a fun challenge!

Archived