Slow Scrap Mischief Style

ValerieT

Are you up for a Slooooow Scrap mischief style? Well maybe not that slow, we will build our layout box by box, day by day. Each day I will post a task for you to do on one box on your layout. When your task is completed, you will post your layout thus far in your replies to this thread BEFORE the next task is posted the following day. If you miss a day you may still participate but will not be eligible for the prize. Everyone who completes all six tasks on time will be entered into a drawing to win a COLLECTION BIGGIE.

This time, as I've mentioned, we are creating a layout box by box. You may use Pocket Life or Digi-Doer products if you wish. Don't forget, the new free collection, Exhuberence, comes with some Pocket Life cards, as does this month's Scrap Girls Club collection, Spring Whimsy .

The most challenging part is this: once you have posted your page thus far, you may not change the position or appearance of anything on the page.

Instead of having 6 versions of each page in the Mischief Week Gallery, we'd like you to place your first 5 versions as an attachment here in your posts on this thread. Here's how:

1. Be sure you have saved your layout as a PSD file first.

2. Save your images at 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels), 72 dpi (smaller than you would usually "save as" for web.)

3. In full editor, click on "attach photo", navigate to your layout image on your computer, then upload.

4. Then click the "add to post" button.

For the final day 6, completed layout, upload in the Mischief Week Gallery for all to see!

So who's with me?

Edited by ValerieT
Prize added

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Task 1

Create a new layout in your preferred size.

Add a background to your layout.

Create SIX boxes on your page. You may use a Pocket Life or a Digi-Doer template for this if you'd like, or you can create your own. Your layout does not have to look like the Pocket Life or Digi-Doer pages, if you don't want it to.

Add a background and title to one box, see my example attached.

Get ready five photos, DO NOT add your photos to your page today.

Don't forget; you must post your page thus far before Task 2 is posted at 9am Eastern time tomorrow morning! Post your layout in your reply on this forum thread. Please do not post your unfinished pages in the gallery.

Attached is the beginning of my layout. I modified one of Jacqui's Digi-Doer templates, and I've added my background and title to one of the boxes.

Valerie, I'm multitasking - trying to create this LO so if fills a purpose I already have in mind. I've never tried a slow scrap before. I'm assuming the boxes will get photos; is it legal for me to combine 3 closely related photos (steps in a process) in one box, and count them as one, or do I need to rethink this?

Thanks! Jo

Valerie, I'm multitasking - trying to create this LO so if fills a purpose I already have in mind. I've never tried a slow scrap before. I'm assuming the boxes will get photos; is it legal for me to combine 3 closely related photos (steps in a process) in one box, and count them as one, or do I need to rethink this?

Thanks! Jo

I probably should have said you need at least 5 photos, so you will have at least one for each box. So yes Jo, you may have 3 photos for one box, or more, just don't add them yet.

Here is mine, I've also adapted a Digi-doer template. I hope it is okay that my title doesn't fill a box. I wanted to have it bigger, but the file is smaller than I'd expected and I'm reluctant to make it bigger incase the quality degrades. It is added and cropped to the purple box.

Oh wow! I've woken up to wonderful starts to your layouts.

Don't worry you still have about 7 hours to join in. Next task will be posted just after 9am Eastern time.

OK everyone, ready for task 2?

From today onwards, we will be creating a "mini layout" in each box. The requirements will be different each day, so think carefully about which photo(s) to use, and which box each day. But please have fun.

TASK 2

Add the following to BOX 2:

a background

a photo(s)

one border

at least 4 words of journalling

at least one embellishment

It is up to you to decide which is box 2. I am working left to right, top to bottom, but you can do whatever you would like.

For those who would like to use Pocket Life cards, you can replace the background with the card, but you will still need to add the additional embellishment and border.

Don't forget; you must post your page thus far before Task 3 is posted at 9am Eastern time tomorrow morning! Post your layout in your reply on this forum thread. Please do not post your unfinished pages in the gallery.