2 replies to this topic

#1 Belle

Belle

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

I am having trouble loading my brushes in PSE11. I read the instructions from the Brushes hand book that I've got. It does not add the brushes but replaces them everytime. I can only load one brush at a time and then it replaces the last one that I saved. So frustrating. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It also won't do more that one brush at a time. I've got about 5o that I need to load. PSE 11-Windows.

gallery_19386_66_975.png
 BLINKIES_membmonth.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#2 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,879 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Belle,

To install brushes (.abr) files: With PSE 11 closed, Go to where you have your .abr files on your computer, right click on the .abr file you want to install, and choose Copy.
Next, go to (C:)>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11>Presets>Brushes. Right click in the window and choose Paste. Now when you open PSE 11, the files should be there and ready to use.

(If you want to install more than one at a time, hover over each icon, click in the little box at the top left of the icon to highlight/select it, then repeat for the other one(s) you want to install. Don't click anyplace else or you will de-select the one(s) you have already highlighted. With the ones you have chosen to install highlighted, right click on one of them and choose Copy, then Paste the same as above)

When you load a brush rather than installing it will only stay in the brushes palette temporarily. If you want the brushes to stay in the brush palette, you need to install them. HTH

#3 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,879 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Here's another post with information about installing brushes: Post #9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users