16 replies to this topic

#1 ruralscrapper

ruralscrapper

Too Much Chattin, Not Enough Scrappin!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:22 PM

I am posting this layout in the gallery. I have been working on it all afternoon ...and getting NOWHERE :banghead: Don't know what to do about the title...cuz I know it just isn't working. So please I would sure appreciate your comments on what I should be doing to make this look 1/2 decent. TIAAttached File  QT.jpg   390.7KB   71 downloads
My Gallery

Paths clear before those who know where they're going and are determined to get there. -- Leonard Roy Frank
Posted Image

#2 scrappylibrarian

scrappylibrarian

What are YOU reading today?

• Members
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:30 PM

Oh, she IS a cutie! If you do not like the style of the title (I actually think it is kinda fun) maybe you could make her name a larger focus. Then see if you can integrate the Q in there somewhere. Some sort of interlocking letter or a shadow or something. The only other comment I have is that the drop shadows seem too deep (not sure if that is the right descriptor), the elements seem to float too high. I think you have a great idea and a good lo with just a few tweaks.

Good luck!
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Sharebear57

Sharebear57

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:53 PM

It looks really great so far! I love the layout of it, and the patterns and colors are perfect for her little outfit! You are doing really well so far.

Here are my suggestions:
- I would move the "Pa Tootie" over to the left a little bit more.
- Then I would add some texture to the title using the texturizer or by clipping a patterned paper to it. (There are some really great textures in the boutique if you want something nicer than canvas or sandstone.)
- I agree with Danna about the drop shadows, especially for the two flower elements in the corners.
- One last thing- the text on the bottom is a tiny bit hard to raed over such a busy pattern. (It still looks great, so completely ignore this if you want). But, you could maybe make it pop a little bit more by adding a bevel or a tiny shadow or outer glow(?maybe?) or by adding a white matte under it and reducing the opacity really low.

These are all just suggestions, b.c your LO is looking great so far.
(I always worry when I make suggestions about people's layouts that they will be offened, even if they ask for help. So, I am really, really sorry if I sound like I am being critical, b.c your page is looking awesome, and I really just want to help.)
Sherri... (My Layout Gallery)
My Website: www.TailsofSuccessNY.com

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#4 kitiekat4U

kitiekat4U

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

you are doing a wonderful job on this LO. i do have to agree with the elements to high. also when i see your LO i feel that everything might start falling off the bottom. maybe you can ancher it with maybe a border of some kind at the bottom. i hope this helps. TFS
Posted Imagemy husband my best friend. my kids my blessing

my heritage album my little butterfly album my blog

Posted Image Posted Image my two sons

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 sprinklz

sprinklz

Scrap Girls Rocks!

• Members
  • 11,838 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:43 PM

I left some comments on your LO page.

I think you're doing a swell job at digi scrapping! :toot: Keep up the good work!

#6 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,537 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

I left a note in the gallery before I saw this thread. I just finished Shalae's brush class and one thing she suggest to me when a layout didn't feel right was to enlarge the photo and make it shine. I don't know how much bigger you could go with 3 photos, though. It's just a thought. I can't wait to see what you change if anything! I love the torn paper effect and the photos are adorable!

#7 Noillid2

Noillid2

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:11 AM

What a cutie pa tootie!!! It's a very nice looking layout... I agree with the others comments... it just needs a little tweaking. The first thing that stood out to me was how high the corner flower tags are. The second thing I noticed is some of the drop shadows don't match (this might be just me too)... I would think the drop shadow for the ribbon under the photos could be the same as the drop shadows for the mattes under the photos. I think you want the "Q" and "T" to stand out in the title with the solid black drop shadow. You could still add a drop shadow to these letters that matches "Pa Tootie". Or, you could not have the solid black drop shadow and give it the same drop shadow as "Pa Tootie". Don't forget the dash... It seems lost between Q and T. You might want to scoot "Pa Tootie" to the left a little, so it's not ending at the edge of the layout. The green journaling at the bottom is a tough call. It's a little difficult to read, but I think it would look just fine if you printed the layout. I always find it hard to put journaling over anything other that plain paper. The torn papers look really good.

It's tough to make comments about someone else’s layout. I posted a layout last week that I could not get to look the way I wanted it to. I posted it in the gallery and invited help, opinions and constructive criticism, which I received. I used some of their comments in tweaking the layout and I like it much better now.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Tom...
A Scrap Guy!

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Visit my Gallery
Visit my Blog

Posted Image

#8 Teresa P

Teresa P

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

I think this lo is so sweet! Love the color with her cute outfit! :)

I played with a title a little. When I first looked I was not putting it all together as CutiePatootie... I think the QT being different shadowing and size. Could totally be my eyes too though so early in the morning. :)

this was my first play but it was too just straight across for that cute layout for some reason.
Attached File  TitleScrapGirls.jpg   129.23KB   12 downloads

Then I thought about this one...
Attached File  TitleScrapGirls.jpg   262.53KB   15 downloads

Just an early morning thought... the layout is so cute. Such a sweet Grandma scrapping for her grandbaby! :)

#9 lufftocraft

lufftocraft

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

I think everyones comments are true and this LO is beautiful and the pictures are precious. I may even scraplift your title for a LO of my little one :) My suggestion when titles seem off on paper is ususally one of three things 1) Change the color 2) Matt the letters individually 3) Matt the whole title differently. Don't know if those ideas appeal but they seem like easier ideas on digi then paper.

Good luck!
Alison

Of course I can do anything. I'm a MOTHER!
-- Source Unknown

#10 ruralscrapper

ruralscrapper

Too Much Chattin, Not Enough Scrappin!

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Thanks Theresa for the title idea...as you can see I used it...luv it! So here is the way I finally decided to leave it.

Attached File  QT.jpg   362.39KB   38 downloads
My Gallery

Paths clear before those who know where they're going and are determined to get there. -- Leonard Roy Frank
Posted Image

#11 Noillid2

Noillid2

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:46 PM

This looks great! I like Terasa's title suggestion too. Good job!!!
Tom...
A Scrap Guy!

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Visit my Gallery
Visit my Blog

Posted Image

#12 Sharebear57

Sharebear57

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:47 PM

Great Job, Patti. Your edits make a really nice difference!
Sherri... (My Layout Gallery)
My Website: www.TailsofSuccessNY.com

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#13 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,537 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:41 PM

I love it! Great job. Everyone here has such great suggestions and is so helpful!

#14 sprinklz

sprinklz

Scrap Girls Rocks!

• Members
  • 11,838 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:01 AM

Bravo! :toot:

It's amazing what difference a few changes can make! This is too cute!

#15 Teresa P

Teresa P

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:57 AM

Love it Patti :) Your granddaughter will so treasure all the love you will pour into these pages for her. Some of my favorite pictures are from the birthday album my Grandma made for me in those browning sticky page albums that were so popular back then. :)

#16 lufftocraft

lufftocraft

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:47 PM

The changes you made are wonderful. It is absolutely amazing how small changes make big differences.

Congrats on the Cutie!
Alison

Of course I can do anything. I'm a MOTHER!
-- Source Unknown

#17 Eliz

Eliz

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:19 PM

I think it's adorable and that you did a wonderful job! Way better than I could have done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users