Download Question

ScrapGram

Previously when I was downloading purchases, a broken line appeared around each file download button until I clicked on the next one. It was really great to help me keep my place. Yesterday and today, when I was downloading, the broken line did not appear. I really had to pay attention to what I was doing! Not a bad thing, but I am always doing 2 or 3 things at once, so really appreciated this. Any way to get it back?

Hmmmmm.....interesting, Karen - I've never seen a broken line when I've downloaded before so not sure what to comment about this. I agree it's great to have a placeholder! I get a little confused sometimes too and I've downloaded the same file more than once! I'm sure someone else will know more about the broken line that you got!

I know what you mean by the dotted lines. To keep the dotted lines visible you can't click anywhere else on that page. Also sometimes switching to another tab can cause you to loose them when you click back.

Hmmmmm.....interesting, Karen - I've never seen a broken line when I've downloaded before so not sure what to comment about this. I agree it's great to have a placeholder! I get a little confused sometimes too and I've downloaded the same file more than once! I'm sure someone else will know more about the broken line that you got!

Me either, Sara - maybe it's a Mac thing? Or non-Mac?? :D

Me either, Sara - maybe it's a Mac thing? Or non-Mac?? :D/>

I'm non-Mac, and have downloaded with Internet Explorer and Firefox, and have never seen dotted lines.

Me either, Sara - maybe it's a Mac thing? Or non-Mac?? :D/>

:) :) Must be a non-Mac thingy, Marilyn! I try so hard to remember where I've clicked last but sometimes when I've bought a lot of things, I do get confused and download it twice - or :) maybe even three times! :disappearing-smilie: :disappearing-smilie:

In Firefox, I've learned "click on the TAB to return to the page" and the highlight on last-clicked button remains. If you click into the blank part of the the window, due to other windows overlapping, that click "gets focus" and removes it from the button.

Here's a link to my book.

Hope that helps.

Hi Karen, same thing with me. I'm using IE 10 and noticed that some time mid-March to early April, that I no longer have a visible anchor on the last download button clicked. Funny, I don't remember it as a broken line but you're right, it was something distinct on the button so that we could see it as a placeholder. I miss it too. I now have to refresh the page and look in the Accesses column if I lose my place.

In Firefox, I've learned "click on the TAB to return to the page" and the highlight on last-clicked button remains. If you click into the blank part of the the window, due to other windows overlapping, that click "gets focus" and removes it from the button.

Here's a link to my book.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the link to your book. I loved it! It is beautiful. The book I a currently working on is in Portrait, so I will have to go someplace else to get it printed, but I really like the 8.5x 11 landscape view. I am planning to do a heritage album and will more than likely do landscape for it.

Think I've narrowed the culprit down on my machine--the new version of Internet Explorer (vers 10) that auto installed a couple of weeks ago.

I conducted a little experiment by using my old PC with IE version 7 to download one of this month's SS Club files. Sure enough, the download button stayed highlighted so I could see where I left off. Here's a screen shot of how it looks with IE 7:

So I don't think it is the store web page, but rather the new browser which doesn't display the last clicked button as it did before.

Archived