Mess Or Masterpiece Chat 6Pm Et

MariJ

Join Valerie (ValerieT) and Marilyn (MariJ)for a digital scrapbooking crop that will get you laughing while you create a layout with the "Super-ingredients" you'll take out of your folders as directed. Luck will determine if each layout is a mess or a masterpiece.

Since Valerie will have been awake since 4:30 her time and the chat will start at 11PM in the UK, we will need to keep her awake with lots of chatter and noise! going-crazy.gif

So bring your noisemakers and fun and we'll be sure she doesn't fall asleep on us! partytime2.gif

During the chat Valerie will be updating the thread with the requirements and folder numbers.

Here are a few rules:

You can not use blending modes (overlay, soft light, multiply, etc.).

You can not change the colour of any paper, embellishment or Alpha.

You can add journalling.

You can not use styles - except for drop shadows.

You can not add any extra items, but you may duplicate items.

Every item must be visible.

You can change your photo to black and white or sepia if you'd like.

You can crop your photo if you'd like.

Fly on over and superhero.gif hope to see you there!

Post your completed layouts in the Mischief Week Gallery by 12 Noon EST on Saturday, April 19th to be eligible for a prize.

These are your supplies:

Photo

Folder 21 Photo 7

Papers

Folder 3 Paper 15

Folder 32 Paper 1

Folder 69 Paper 8

Embellishments

Folder 5 Emb 31

Folder 13 Emb 20

Folder 44 Emb 11

Folder 51 Emb 19

Folder 75 Emb 2

Alpha

Alpha Set 27

Brush

Brush Set 16

OMIGOSH! I loved this the last time I participated in it so I will do my very best to be there tonight - Crawford doesn't get picked up by his Mama until very, very close to 6 so it will be cutting it close, but I'll try! The last time I did mine it was definitely, most definitely a MESS! But I had a ball doing it! If I can't attend the chat, can I still participate or do I have to be there to "get the assignment"? Can't remember for sure!

OMIGOSH! I loved this the last time I participated in it so I will do my very best to be there tonight - Crawford doesn't get picked up by his Mama until very, very close to 6 so it will be cutting it close, but I'll try! The last time I did mine it was definitely, most definitely a MESS! But I had a ball doing it! If I can't attend the chat, can I still participate or do I have to be there to "get the assignment"? Can't remember for sure!

You can still join in if you can't make it. I'll update this thread with the "ingredients" after the chat. And you'll have until noon Saturday 20th to complete your layout.

Join Valerie (ValerieT) and Marilyn (MariJ)for a digital scrapbooking crop that will get you laughing while you create a layout with the "Super-ingredients" you'll take out of your folders as directed. Luck will determine if each layout is a mess or a masterpiece.

Since Valerie will have been awake since 4:30 her time and the chat will start at 11PM in the UK, we will need to keep her awake with lots of chatter and noise! :going-crazy:/>/>

So bring your noisemakers and fun and we'll be sure she doesn't fall asleep on us! :partytime2:/>/>

During the chat Valerie will be updating the thread with the requirements and folder numbers.

Here are a few rules:

You can add journalling.

Fly on over and :superhero:/>/> hope to see you there!

Post your completed layouts in the Mischief Week Gallery by 12 Noon EST on Saturday, April 19th to be eligible for a prize.

Sure, Sara - you can still do a page. Valerie will be posting the numbers in the thread either during or after the chat. Hope to see you there whenever you can - we all need to keep Valerie awake!

(PS now WOULDN"T you think I would have read through this whole thread before answering Sara and then I would have seen Valerie already did?

We might have to keep MARILYN awake! heehee)

Hold strong, Valerie!

opening post has been updated with the locations of your supplies.

Marilyn will be about for a bit longer if you have any questions.

Thanks to everyone who came to the chat.

You can still join in if you can't make it. I'll update this thread with the "ingredients" after the chat. And you'll have until noon Saturday 20th to complete your layout.

Thanks, Valerie!

Since Valerie will have been awake since 4:30 her time and the chat will start at 11PM in the UK, we will need to keep her awake with lots of chatter and noise! going-crazy.gif

So bring your noisemakers and fun and we'll be sure she doesn't fall asleep on us! partytime2.gif

Here are a few rules:

You can add journalling.

Fly on over and superhero.gif hope to see you there!

These are your supplies:

Photo

Folder 21 Photo 7

Papers

Folder 3 Paper 15

Folder 32 Paper 1

Folder 69 Paper 8

Embellishments

Folder 5 Emb 31

Folder 13 Emb 20

Folder 44 Emb 11

Folder 51 Emb 19

Folder 75 Emb 2

Alpha

Alpha Set 27

Brush

Brush Set 16

I'm confused - where do I find the "folders"?

Hi Sara,

I was only able to chat for a few minutes but my understanding is you go to your own supplies on your computer. If you don't have, for example, "Folder 44", you just count the folders you have and start over until you get to 44. This should be a hoot!

Good luck to us!

Since Valerie will have been awake since 4:30 her time and the chat will start at 11PM in the UK, we will need to keep her awake with lots of chatter and noise! :going-crazy:/>/>/>

So bring your noisemakers and fun and we'll be sure she doesn't fall asleep on us! :partytime2:/>/>/>

Here are a few rules:

You can add journalling.

Fly on over and :superhero:/>/>/> hope to see you there!

Sure, Sara - you can still do a page. Valerie will be posting the numbers in the thread either during or after the chat. Hope to see you there whenever you can - we all need to keep Valerie awake!

(PS now WOULDN"T you think I would have read through this whole thread before answering Sara and then I would have seen Valerie already did?

Hold strong, Valerie!

Yes, Sara as Diane said -

For instance with photos:

Photo

Folder 21 Photo 7

So, you go to your photo folders (or events) and count until you get to folder 21. Then, in that folder find photo #7 and that is the photo you use in your page.

If you don't have 21 Folders (or 7 photos!) you just keep counting the same items or folders over and over again in a circle until you get to 21. or 7. Or whatever number you are working with.

Do this for each of the folder tasks - paper, embellishment, etc.

Does that make sense? I will check again in the morning and Valerie will be around again, too.

It has been a long time since I've done a scrap like this, but just had to join in on the mischief.

I had to take a very deep breath, and surrender to the randomness that is "mess or masterpiece."

The first thing I picked was my photo--not a favorite, but one a memory I hoped someday to document. It was a picture DH took on one of our son's birthday ice cream runs.

Next I picked up my papers from the prescribed folders--and the first one was an ice cream cone background! Eerie!

All the rest of my choices matched up with a weird red-rose pallet that I would not have chosen for myself, but it seems to work.

Bottom line, Scrapgirls--I am here to tell you there are no accidents or messes when you surrender your creative self over to mischief!:)

Ice Cream Mom

Since Valerie will have been awake since 4:30 her time and the chat will start at 11PM in the UK, we will need to keep her awake with lots of chatter and noise! :going-crazy:/>/>/>/>

So bring your noisemakers and fun and we'll be sure she doesn't fall asleep on us! :partytime2:/>/>/>/>

Here are a few rules:

You can add journalling.

Fly on over and :superhero:/>/>/>/> hope to see you there!

Hold strong, Valerie!

Yes, Sara as Diane said -

For instance with photos:

Photo

Folder 21 Photo 7

So, you go to your photo folders (or events) and count until you get to folder 21. Then, in that folder find photo #7 and that is the photo you use in your page.

If you don't have 21 Folders (or 7 photos!) you just keep counting the same items or folders over and over again in a circle until you get to 21. or 7. Or whatever number you are working with.

Do this for each of the folder tasks - paper, embellishment, etc.

Does that make sense? I will check again in the morning and Valerie will be around again, too.

Thank you, Marilyn - I think I understand now - will try and work on this today - I have Crawford today so Mom and Dad can go to the Steeple Chase but think I can find the time - I just love doing this one!

Oh good, I really enjoyed this last time, but I don't think I've got much time to do it, 5pm UK time right? Oh well there aren't many decisions to make so I'll give it ago

Oh good, I really enjoyed this last time, but I don't think I've got much time to do it, 5pm UK time right? Oh well there aren't many decisions to make so I'll give it ago

Sorry, Kate the chat was Friday night - but you can do a layout that's great!

All those who posted a layout, thanks for joining the challenge. Your names were added to the draw and the winner, chosen at random is...........

..........ScrapGram...........Congratulations, Karen.

You have won a Scrap Simple Layout Template, contact Angie to claim your prize, tell her you won in the Mess or Masterpiece challenge.

I knew I'd missed the chat, so I was wondering about how much time there would be to complete the layout. An hour wasn't much, but it kept me from over thinking the random selection of items.

I knew I'd missed the chat, so I was wondering about how much time there would be to complete the layout. An hour wasn't much, but it kept me from over thinking the random selection of items.

Hi Kate, sorry I misunderstood - you can finish your layout at any time - we're glad to see it. To be eligible for a prize it had to have been uploaded at noon earlier today. :(

Archived