3 replies to this topic

#1 moving memories

moving memories

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hi-I am considering purchasing the Brush set: "Comic Mischief", and I see in the examples that there are multiple colors used on 1 brush. how do I do that? I can figure out a time consuming way of selecting certain parts of it on a new layer- but that seems like a pain. Is there an easier way to color a brush with several colors?

#2 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hi, and welcome to Scrap Girls! I don't have those cute brushes yet, but here's what I'd try for easy multi-colors to replicate these.

The yellow and blue talk bubble: looks like uncheck CONTIGUOUS "direct select" of the brush image, color blue. De-select, set selection tool to CONTIGUOUS. Select empty area in middle, color yellow.

Red/blue cloud bubble: Select brush image, color red. Invert selection, DEselect exterior of brush, color blue.

Star/halftone in green, red, blue: add another layer above the brush image, color with a gradient layer of red, green blue. Clip the color layer to the brush image.

I didn't include the specific technique for each of these, since I don't know which program you're using, but I think they'd be pretty quick. Hope this helps, and welcome!

p.s. if Marlene Peacock, their designer, doesn't see this thread, you could send her a private message; her message board name is Figment.

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

#3 moving memories

moving memories

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hi-I am considering purchasing the Brush set: "Comic Mischief", and I see in the examples that there are multiple colors used on 1 brush. how do I do that? I can figure out a time consuming way of selecting certain parts of it on a new layer- but that seems like a pain. Is there an easier way to color a brush with several colors?

Thank-you- but I am using PSE -where do I find a contiguous setting?

#4 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

In PSE7 (hope your version is similar,) when I select the magic wand (W,) the contiguous checkbox is on a menu line that's added at the top of the screen.
Attached File  Capture.JPG   28.9KB   2 downloads

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users